There is just nothing like the smell of freshly baked bread. Every time I pull a loaf out of the oven, I have to fight to keep myself from devouring the entire thing right then and there.
Fresh bread is a big hit with my family too! They love it when I take the time to prepare my favorite bread recipes for them. Which is why I’ve shared so many family bread baking recipes here over the years.
Below you’ll find my very favorite baked treats, including sweet breads, savory baked appetizers, breakfast breads, rolls, bread machine recipes, and more! These will be perfect for family baking days during the winter, weeknight meals around the table, or for serving to your friends and family when they visit!
Bread Recipe Roundups:
If you’re in need of several bread recipes, these roundups have you covered! There are over 155 bread recipes to choose from in these roundups alone!
These are excellent if you’re on a tight grocery budget and need to save money by making bread yourself. Plus, if you have a bread machine, you’ll find plenty of simple, delicious ways to use it to make bread recipes for the family!
- On a strict budget? Try these 60+ Money-Saving Bread Recipes to stretch your grocery dollar!
- This list of 40+ Bread Machine Recipes is great for breaking in your new bread machine!
- Want a surefire baking success? Check out our list of 35+ Favorite Bread Recipes!
- Did you know you can make pound cake in your bread machine? See how with this roundup of 20+ Bread Machine Pound Cake Recipes!
I just love serving bread for breakfast. Whether it’s muffins, French toast, breakfast pastries, pancakes, or even cake mix loaves, bread just makes a wonderful breakfast, especially for growing kids!
It’s so easy to slice up and bring with you if you’re in a hurry. And waking up to the smell of fresh bread is the best way to start the day!
Try some of these breakfast bread recipes during your next meal planning session and see which ones your family loves too!
- Bake up these Awesome Muffin Recipes and freeze them for a grab and go breakfast!
- These Nutella Croissants are so indulgent. Bake them on a cold winter morning!
- I love how simple this recipe for Overnight French Toast is. Just start it the night before and bake it in the morning!
- These Orange Muffins are so fresh and fruity!
- Put a spin on the overnight French toast and add fruit with this Overnight Apple French Toast recipe!
- Get the day started right with these Banana Bread Protein Pancakes!
- This Ham & Cheese Breakfast Pastry is gorgeous! It would make a wonderful brunch dish!
- Serve these Blueberry Banana Pancakes with eggs and fruit!
- This rich Chocolate Brioche Toast is a definite kid-pleaser!
- Put a surprise inside with these Lemon Poppy Seed Jam-Filled Muffins!
- Put your bread machine to work and make these homemade Kolaches!
- Don’t miss out on this Super Soft Banana Pecan Bread.
Sweet Dessert Breads:
Bread is probably my kids’ favorite dessert. They like ice cream and pies, but cake, sweet breads, and muffins have got to be the treats they love the best. I’ve been known to enjoy cake on quite a few occasions myself!
These are some of our very favorite sweet bread recipes. They’re wonderful for serving after dinner, to guests at brunch, or for taking to a neighborhood get-together! Remember that you can always adjust some of these to suit your family. Feel free to add a few extra ingredients, such as nuts, dried fruit, or even chocolate chips if you want!
- This Apple Cinnamon White Cake is beautiful. I bake a few loaves every autumn!
- Love the taste of red velvet cake? This Red Velvet Bread is a neat alternative!
- Use a box of cake mix as the base for these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake Mix Muffins!
- Get a little spice with this recipe for Cinnamon Banana Bread!
- Or share a treat for your chocolate lovers with this Chocolate Banana Bread!
- Try our take on monkey bread: Nutty Chimp Bread!
- These kid-friendly Lumpy Pumpkin Bites are a fabulous fall treat!
- Serve this Caramelized Pear Bread Pudding with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!
- Or try this Banana Bread Pudding for an even richer dessert!
- Bake this Bread Machine Lemon Cake in no time with your bread machine!
- This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is basically a peanut butter cup in bread form. It’s so good!
Savory Baked Goodness:
As much as I love sweet breads, there are times that savory bread recipes are better for the meals we serve. These are some of our favorite bread side dishes. We tend to serve these with special family meals, such as when we have family members visiting from out of town. But you can serve them any day of the week!
Some of these also make wonderful gifts, so they’d be great for bake sales or for school parties!
- These Asparagus Spirals are so gorgeous. They’re perfect for a special family dinner!
- This Wild Rice and Cranberry Bread Loaf is a wonderful bread to bake during fall. It slices beautifully too, so it always looks great on the serving dish.
- I tend to make this Zucchini Bread when zucchini is in season, so it’s perfect for summer cooking!
- These Savory Parmesan Bites always go quickly! They’re awesome for game day parties!
Main Dish Bread Recipes:
Braids and biscuit topped casseroles… when you have boys, like I do, you are always looking for fillers. These boys can flat eat! So, I need starches and breads in pretty much every meal or they will never get full!
It’s also better to make your own pizza when you can. It just tastes better when it’s homemade. Plus, if you teach the kids how to make it themselves, they may even end up cooking for you on occasion. Win-win!
These main dish bread recipes have been great for our kids. I’m sure your family will love them too!
- This Tomato and Basil Artisan Pizza is just delicious, especially when it first comes out of the oven. You might have to bake two!
- I love how beautiful this Broccoli Braid is. But it’s so simple to make that the kids can do it!
- This Easy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Braid is basically a full-course meal in one. It’s one of our favorite go-to’s!
Bread Recipes and Resources:
Here are some of the Amazon affiliate resources that I’ve found to be useful for making bread recipes with my family. Be sure to stock up before you get started!