American’s may love store bought pies and basic homemade cookies, but this Thanksgiving they can opt for more unique desserts that are sure to become the new holiday hit.
Nielsen Massey Vanillas’ Banana Bread Pudding with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream recipe, found below, combines the savory flavor of Nielsen-Massey’s Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar and Bean Paste with the soft, sweet taste of bananas and spice of cinnamon. Don’t forget to top it with vanilla ice cream to create a treat that is the perfect mixture of warm and cold.
- 1 loaf day old Italian bread cut into 1/2–inch cubes (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup white chocolate coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons banana rum
- 1/4 cup Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 ripe bananas small dice
- 2 tablespoons Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium saucepan, whisk together half-and-half, chocolate, banana rum and Pure Vanilla Sugar.
Cook mixture over medium-low heat until chocolate melts and sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
Add bread cubes to saucepan and toss to coat; set aside until bread absorbs liquid.
In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cinnamon and Pure Vanilla Bean Paste.
Transfer soaked bread cubes into bowl with egg mixture, add diced bananas, and stir to combine.
Place mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with nonstick spray.
Before baking, sprinkle top of pudding with Pure Vanilla Sugar.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Cool and serve with vanilla ice cream topped with warm caramel or chocolate sauce.