If you are looking for a new and delicious breakfast recipe, either for a special weekend morning breakfast or for back to school, check out this yummy pancake recipe! Breakfast is so important to get everyone’s day off on the right path. Making an extra healthy breakfast is even better!
This Family-Friendly Blueberry Banana Pancakes recipe is delicious and healthy and the family will love it! Veria.com and Julieanna Hever show us how to make them.
Veria.com is an online extension of the national health and wellness TV network Veria Living and has tons of delicious, healthy recipes that will be welcome at your next family meal!
Julieanna Hever, host of Veria Living’s What Would Julieanna Do? prepares a healthy weekend breakfast alternative. These Blueberry Banana Pancakes are not only delicious, they are a healthier breakfast alternative for your family!
- 1 medium banana
- ¼ cup plant milk (almond, soy, oat)
- 1 cup whole-grain flour (oat, whole-wheat, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork. Add plant milk and mix until lump free.
- Add whole-grain flour and baking powder to banana mixture, and mix with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in maple syrup and blueberries until incorporated. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Pour ½ cup batter into the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cover. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until pancake starts to brown at the edge. Using a spatula, turn pancake and cook other side until light golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Drizzle with additional maple syrup if desired to serve.
Find more great recipes from Julieanna Hever in some of her books currently available:
And be sure to check out Veria.com for even more great, healthy recipes!