It is finally orange season and I must say that mandarins are my FAVE! Such sweet tarts in a little circle(ish). In a fruit salad, on top of a green salad, by themselves, or in a recipe… Halo Mandarin Oranges are perfect! I was excited to be given the task of creating a yummy recipe using the Halo Oranges as part of this sponsored campaign on behalf of Halos!
Mandarins are Mother Nature’s perfect snack. And Halos™ are the perfect mandarins – sweet, juicy, seedless, and easy for little hands to peel. Even better, these li’l guys are 100% California born and raised, and absolutely, positively non-GMO. So every Halos mandarin is pure and delicious, just as nature intended.
Head to your local store and pick up some Halos so that you can make this delicious recipe!
- 10 oz of mandarin oranges (Halo), drained.
- 1 medium egg, slightly beaten.
- 1 ½ cup of flour.
- ½ cup of sugar.
- ½ cup of butter.
- ¼ cup of milk.
- 1 ¾ teaspoon of baking powder.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice.
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sift the flour with all of the other dry ingredients.
- Add the butter.
- Mix together the beaten egg and the milk, then add to dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- Fold in the mandarin orange pieces.
- Fill greased muffin tins about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve as desired.
Pick up a box today!
Disclaimer: I was compensated for this post – any opinions expressed are strictly my own!