I know y’all love healthy broccoli recipes, so I wanted to share this Easy Broccoli Braid Recipe as a great potluck contribution or easy veggie side dish.
This broccoli braid recipe looks fancy and impressive but it is so easy to throw together!
It’s a great way to get kids to try vegetables that they may normally avoid, and is a less messy option than a broccoli salad at a barbecue or family get-together.
The only “technique” you need to use for this is a simple faux-braiding design with the crescent dough, which I’m going to walk you through – and I’ve shared step-by-step pictures below to make the process self-explanatory.
- 1 pkg puff pastry or crescent roll
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, chopped or shredded
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons mustard, optional
- 2 Tablespoon butter, optional
- Seasonings as desired (garlic plus mix, etc.)
- Roll out the crescent or puff pastry on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Set aside.
- Chop the broccoli, pepper, and carrots.
- Shred the cheddar cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetables, cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, and seasonings until vegetables are fully coated.
- Spoon the broccoli braid filling down the center of the pastry dough, leaving at least 4" of dough on either side uncovered.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into the puff pastry about 3" deep, every 1-2" on each side of the crescent dough rectangle. Try to align the cuts on either side of the filling.
- Once all of the cuts are done, pinch one strip in each hand and twist before pressing together. Repeat with all strips.
- If desired, you can rub or brush the butter ontop of the pastry and then sprinkle with additional seasoning or cheese.
- Bake according to puff pastry directions, usually about 8-12 minutes, until golden brown
- Slice and serve.
What do you think? Do you have a get-together or special meal coming up that you could make this broccoli braid recipe for?
Be sure to check out some of my other delicious vegetable recipes, including: