I love simple breakfast ideas that take only a few minutes to whip together while adding a bit of indulgence and luxury to your mornings.
That’s exactly what these Nutella Croissants do, in less than 15 minutes from start to finish (and that includes 8-10 minutes in the oven). Here’s our newest addition to our breakfast recipes for Christmas morning.
Of course, you can make your croissants from scratch – a feat I have only attempted once – but I prefer to go the easy route in the mornings, opting for Pillsbury crescent roll or pre-made puff pastry sheets.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
These are inspired by the classic French pain au chocolat, but taken a step above with that Nutella substitution. (And really, the French love Nutella – it’s at all of their crepe stands, so I think this just combines two classic French traditions!)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4-6 Tablespoons Nutella
- Powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat your oven to the pastry package directions. (Typically 350F)
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets and cut into triangles using a pastry or pizza cutter if not already portioned out to crescents. (First cut into 4 squares, then slice each square horizontally.)
- Spread ½ Tablespoon of Nutella around the middle of each triangle, trying to avoid going straight to the edges, as the chocolate can burn.
- Roll each triangle into a "crescent" shape by rolling one of the shorter sides of the triangle towards a pointy end. Curve the edges if possible into a "C" shape.
- Bake according to the pastry package directions, typically 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and immediately drizzle with extra Nutella and sprinkle with powdered sugar, using a sifter.
Be sure to check out some of my other favourite breakfast recipes, including:
Tools for Nutella Croissants Breakfast Recipe:
The following amazon affiliate linked tools and supplies are the ones I use (and recommend) for making this breakfast recipe and other yummy breakfasts.
Measuring Spoons (love these because they actually fit in my spice jars)
Piping Bags to drizzle icing (or Nutella in this case)
Sifter (I love this set because it allows me to make different shapes with the sugar)
Supplies for a Fancy Breakfast:
When creating a special breakfast, really go all out and get a little fancy. I love these fun affiliate linked supplies from Etsy to help set the breakfast mood. 🙂
I am also kind of big on wearing cutesy aprons like these from Flirty Aprons dot com 🙂