Your tastebuds will love this Gingerbread Loaf Recipe! It’s the perfect sweet bread recipe that is loaded with flavor. Making bread at home is the best!
Pair the tender and moist gingerbread recipe with a layer of sweet frosting, and you have a sweet treat that you can enjoy as a dessert or snack. You could even have a slice for breakfast, too!
Once you slice off a piece of this bread recipe, you will warm it more. I love having this with coffee and tea, but a big glass of cold milk is also awesome.
Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
Something about gingerbread flavoring during the holidays brings a smile and warmth to my belly. It’s one of the best flavors!
If you want a new recipe for everyone to enjoy, I highly recommend this one. It’s a simple treat that offers fun tastes for everyone to savor.
My boys are obsessed with how soft and delicious this bread recipe is, and I agree. It’s an excellent addition to any baker’s recipe book!
What does gingerbread taste like?
Gingerbread, a baked good with roots traced back to medieval times, combines warming spices such as ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg mixed with molasses and flour.
The taste of gingerbread can be described as complex, with a sweet and slightly tangy flavor that is both savory and spicy.
Its texture is also unique, ranging from a soft, cake-like consistency to a firmer, crunchy texture depending on the preparation method.
Gingerbread is often associated with the holiday season, as its aroma and taste evoke feelings of warmth and comfort that are especially noteworthy during the winter.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Iced Gingerbread Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Dessert Bread at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
If you are ready to take charge of your meals, meal planning is the best way to make that happen. It’s a fast and simple way to let everyone know what to expect.
Main Dish: Instant Pot Pizza Mac and Cheese Recipe
Vegetable Side: Thai Sweet Asparagus Recipe
Starch Side: Baked Sweet Potato Frittata Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Pineapple Mint Spritzer Mocktail Recipe
Best Bread Recipes:
Once you make this Christmas Bread Recipe, you will want to make more bread loaves. I’ve listed some of my favorites below that I know you’ll love!
This Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe has the best chocolate flavor.
Everyone in the house will ask for more of this Bread Machine Pumpkin Seed Bread Recipe.
Homemade Naan Bread is a fun and easy recipe to make!
This Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze is loaded with goodness!
You’ll love how yummy this Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe is!
A loaf of this Snickerdoodle Banana Bread Recipe will have you wanting more.
Find out how simple it is to make this Banana Bread Recipe!
What is the best way to store dessert bread?
The best way to store dessert bread is to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and then store it in an airtight container. This will help keep the bread fresh and prevent it from becoming stale.
If the bread has frosting and dairy ingredients, storing it in the fridge is necessary.
Proper storage is essential in maintaining the texture and flavor of dessert bread, ensuring it will remain a delectable treat for days.
More Gingerbread Recipes:
- ½ cup Unsalted softened room temperature butter
- 1 cup Granulated White Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Apple Sauce
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients:
- 4 ounces full fat softened Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Unsalted Room Temperature Softened Butter
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¾ cups Icing Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X15 loaf pan, sides and bottom. Sprinkle the pan and sides with flour to help with sticking.
- Use a mixer and combine the sugar and softened butter. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and apple sauce.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and baking soda) and sift into the wet ingredients.
- Beat the mixer on low each time you sift in the dry ingredients.
- Once all the dry ingredients have been added, mix on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the bread batter into the loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Transfer the loaf to a cooling rack to let cool for 1 hour before frosting.
- To make the icing, you'll want to start making it while the bread is in the oven.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla on medium-high speed for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the icing sugar, starting from low to high once all the ingredients are mixed together. Whip on high speed for about 3 minutes. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and put in the fridge to firm while the bread is baking.
- Once the bread has cooled, spread it evenly on top. Slice in 12 even slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 512Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 397mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 3g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 11/9/2023
Will you eat this bread recipe for breakfast or dessert?