Teaching kids to cook is a wonderful way to help prepare them for life as an adult. Plus, it makes your job as a parent easier and it’s just plain fun! The best way to get little ones cooking is to share some fun and cute recipes that they’ll actually want to make.
Which is why I’ve collected plenty of awesome recipes for kids to make below! There are adorable kids’ snacks, fun kids’ lunches, and even some neat kid breakfast recipes that you and your children will have a blast making together!
Check out these 100+ kids in the kitchen food ideas that we have collected!
Need even more easy recipes for kids to try? Stop by to see this list of 30 afternoon snacks that the kids can make on their own!
100 Kids In the Kitchen Food Ideas:
1. Skip the soda and let the kids make these Coca-Cola Cupcakes instead!
2. Need a healthy treat? Try these Easy Fruit and Yogurt Bites!
3. This Five-Ingredient Tuna Casserole would be a perfect meal for tweens to make!
4. Have fun decorating these Graham Cracker Gingerbread Houses with the kids!
5. Kids will love making their own breakfast when they can prepare these Nutella Croissants!
6. Serve tacos in a new, fun way – as Taco Calzones!
7. If your kids love peanut butter cups, these Reese’s Cupcakes will be perfect!
8. Nachos for breakfast? The kids will love learning to prepare these Bacon & Egg Breakfast Nachos!
9. This Ham and Cheese Breakfast Pastry looks elegant, but it’s easy enough for the kids to make!
10. Serve an unforgettable treat with this cool Gummy Worm Punch!
11. Let the kids help you make these Bubblegum Cupcakes!
12. Add more fruit to your kids’ diets with these simple Fresh Fruit Popsicles!
13. Let the kids “sip” candy with this Cotton Candy Mocktail recipe!
14. And, speaking of drinks, these homemade Italian Cream Sodas look amazing!
15. Kids will be willing to wait for dessert when they make it themselves. Start with these easy Chocolate Chip Cupcakes!
16. This fruity Apple Blackberry Crumble is a perfect fall treat for kids to cook!
17. Sneak more veggies into your kids’ snacks with this creamy Carrot Milkshake recipe!
18. These Turkey Ranch Roll-Ups are a perfect after-school snack the kids can make!
19. Bake these lovely Confetti Lemon Cupcakes with the little ones!
20. Let the kids learn to make their own dinner with this recipe for Mini Chicken Pot Pies!
21. Save this recipe for DIY Snow Cones for a hot summer day!
22. Kids can prepare this super cool Neon Slime Popcorn Snack Mix in advance and enjoy it everyday during the week!
23. Show the children how to make these Oreo Cupcakes and they may never eat regular cookies again!
24. No-bake desserts are perfect for little ones to make. Try these No-Bake Carrot Balls!
25. Get a taste of peanut butter and marshmallow in these Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats!
26. Bake this Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf and serve it for breakfast!
27. Have the taste of a chocolate bar in a cake with these Hershey’s Chocolate Cupcakes!
28. Want to reduce the sugar your kids eat everyday? Show them how to make these DIY Healthy Fruit Snacks!
29. These Easy Peanut Butter Cookies are truly EASY. Kids will love making them!
30. Enjoy a cute winter snack with these simple Snowman Donuts!
31. The children can help you decorate these colorful M&M Cupcakes!
32. Save money and teach your kids to cook at once when you try these Homemade Gogurt Snacks!
33. This simple Ham Salad Sandwich will become a go-to snack for your hungry kids in the afternoon!
34. Get a colorful treat with this beautiful Orange Honey Rainbow Fruit Salad!
35. These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake Mix Muffins are super easy to make, because they use cake mix. Show the kids how to bake and freeze them for later!
36. Once you show the little ones how to make these DIY Lunchables, they’ll start making lunches for themselves!
37. Kids will love sipping on the taste of S’mores in these S’mores Mocktails!
38. Here’s another simple no-bake recipe for kids: No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies!
39. This sweet Peanut Butter Popcorn will make a great movie night snack for the family!
40. Kids will love decorating these Apple Slice Cookies themselves!
41. Our recipe for Rotel Dip with Hamburger Meat is so simple for older kids! Let them make it and then serve it with chips!
42. This adorable PB&J Bunny Bento Box is such a fun lunch for kids to enjoy!
43. These indulgent Reese’s Peanut Butter Brownies will go quickly!
44. Kids can prepare their own Snack Butterflies everyday when they come in from school!
45. This sweet Monster Cookie Dough Dip is secretly healthy. Perfect for hungry kids to make!
46. Only have a few minutes? Try making these 5-Minute Peanut Butter Snack Balls with the children!
47. These 5-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies are great for cooking naturally!
48. Show kids how to make and wrap these Popcorn Balls. They can share them with classmates or friends!
49. This recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread makes a fantastic breakfast!
50. And these Breakfast Quesadillas are wonderful for busy mornings too!
51. These Easy Snickers Brownies are truly easy to make!
52. Serve the kids a healthy afternoon snack with these simple Tuna Canoes!
53. This colorful DIY Sprinkle Sandwich is so much fun! Kids will have fun making (and eating) it!
54. Let the little ones take this Spring Butterfly Bento Lunch along to school!
55. Kids will get a kick out of wearing their snack with this Edible Fruit Necklace tutorial!
56. This outdoors-themed Camping Bento Lunch is perfect for summer!
57. Once the kids learn how to make this Marshmallow Fruit Dip, they’ll love eating it with apple slices or strawberries!
58. You can serve this Waffle Grilled Cheese Sandwich for breakfast or for lunch!
59. And, if you have extra breakfast food leftover, you can show the kids how to use it to make this Breakfast Leftovers Bento Lunch!
60. This Glazed Strawberry Fruit Pizza would be a wonderful summer dessert!
61. Use leftover waffles for this cute Waffle Sandwich Bento Lunch!
62. Make a batch of this Curried Egg Salad and keep it in the fridge for the kids to make sandwiches all week!
63. Skip the store-bought snacks and show your children how to make Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Rolls instead!
64. Once your kids learn how to make this Chicken Nugget Bento Lunch, they won’t want fast food again!
65. Kids will love taking these DIY Fruit Snacks to school!
66. Make up some of these cute Farm Animal Bento Boxes for a fall or spring lunch!
67. Kids can have Taco Tuesday everyday with this easy Chicken Taco Bento Box Lunch!
68. Taking this PB&J Sandwich Monster to school for lunch will be the highlight of your child’s day!
69. Let the children make these Turkey and Cheese Rollups to welcome guests for a party!
70. Do your kids love video games? Take them back to the classic arcade with this Pac-Man Bento Lunch!
71. Or if they’re fans of Hello Kitty, share how to make this cute Hello Kitty Bento Lunch!
72. Kids will love making these Fruit Juice Kool-Aid Pops and enjoying them on hot days!
73. This Antipasto Bento Lunch is packed with Italian-inspired appetizers for a snacking feast!
74. Your kids won’t have any problem eating their produce with these adorable Caterpillar Fruit Kabobs!
75. Share this colorful Rainbow Bento Lunch in the spring!
76. Make this Homemade Fruit Pizza from scratch for a light dessert the kids can make themselves!
77. Make some healthy fruit snacks with these Applesauce Fruit Roll-Ups!
78. Need something to fill your older kids’ stomachs? Show them how to make a Protein Bento Box!
79. This super cute Submarine Bento Lunch is a fun lunchbox go-to for kids to make!
80. Serve this healthy and fruity Mango Raspberry Fruit Smoothie for a breakfast on the go!
81. This adorable Bento Box Bear Lunch is such a cute school lunch for kids to make!
82. Get kids back in the school spirit with this Back to School Bento Lunch!
83. Turn berries into bugs with these cute Strawberry Ladybug Snacks!
84. The children can take turns making this Under the Sea Bento Lunch over summer break!
85. Kids will love packing and snacking on this Chicken Nugget Bento Lunch!
86. Use real fruit to make this tasty Mixed Berry Fruit Leather!
87. Even toddlers can help to make these easy DIY Fruit Kabobs!
88. Enjoy a cold treat made out of healthy fruit with this recipe for Fresh Fruit Shaved Ice!
89. Show kids how to assemble their own tacos with this easy Taco Bento Lunch!
90. Make your own no-crust PB& J with these DIY Homemade Uncrustables!
91. These kid-sized Turkey and Cheese Sliders are perfect for a quick snack!
92. Kids can make their own ice cream treats with these DIY Ice Cream Sandwiches!
93. Don’t want to wait for a hot pizza? Kids can make their own pie with this Pizza Bento Lunch!
94. These adorable Mini Funfetti Sandwich Cookies are perfect little desserts for kids!
95. Ever had a fluffernutter? Kids will love snacking on this Marshmallow Peanut Butter Fluff Sandwich!
96. Make an ice cream cake the easy way – by crafting a DIY Ice Cream Sandwich Cake!
97. Get the taste of pizza on toast with this Grilled Pepperoni Pizza Sandwich!
98. These super cute School Book Sandwiches are perfect for the new school year!
99. Kids will love eating grilled cheese for breakfast with this Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
100. This All-Star Bento Lunch is perfect for your little sports fan!
101. Drink your favorite ice cream treat with this Ice Cream Sandwich Milkshake!
102. This sweet Honey Banana Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a gooey delight kids will make over and over again!
Do you have any favorite recipes that you have created with your kids? Do they enjoy cooking with you in the kitchen? I’d love to hear about it.
Kids in the Kitchen Food Ideas and Resources:
Pick up these affiliate resources from Amazon to help your kids make these delicious recipes!