Hi, everyone! This is Chrissy from The Taylor House! I am excited to be here again this week sharing a Bento Lunch Recipe with you at Southern Mom Cooks. I am so glad that you stopped by today to see the new lunch idea that we have to share with you this week.
I have two boys in elementary who love to take their lunch from home instead of eating at school so we will be sharing a weekly lunch idea with you to make a fun new lunch for your kids.
Putting these lunch ideas together each week has been so much fun. I love getting creative and finding new ways to get my boys excited about their lunch, even though they are having so many of the same things. My kids have really been digging these lunch ideas and keep asking me what I am going to make for them this week!
Today I have a Camping Themed lunch to share with you.
Camping Bento Lunch Recipe Instructions:
My boys love camping and when I think of camping I think of smores, hot dogs, corn bread, fruit, sweet corn and lots of other yummy food. Today I put together a little camping lunch to remind my boys that it’s finally summer and camping is coming soon!
- Step One – Make your Cornbread Hotdog Bites by making a package of corn bread according to the instructions and placing a smokie cut in half in the middle of the mini muffin tin with the mixture.
- Step Two – Make your Smores! This is such an easy way to make Smores. Use two round fudge stripped cookies and a marshmallow.
- Put one cookie on the bottom with a marshmallow on top and microwave for 10 seconds. Place your second cookie on top of the marshmallow and squish together.
- Step Three – Add fruit, sweet corn, etc. to the lunch and enjoy!
Making this Camping Lunch is very simple and I used ingredients that I had on hand and would have sent with them to lunch anyway. I just created a new and fun way to serve them.
- Corn Bread Muffin Mix & Ingredients according to package
- Round Fudge stripped Cookies
- Fruit or vegetables
My kids love this Bento Lunch Recipe, it was right up their alley for getting ready for summer break!
Camping and Kids Resources:
Intro and the theme use keyword bento lunch recipe and say how they can use these resources
- Summer Fun Activities
- Make Ahead Ground Beef (Perfect to take camping)
- 80+ Summer Activities for Kids
- Printable Bento Lunch Recipe Planner
I hope you love this idea and give it a try! We would love to hear of any Bento lunch ideas that you have as well, just leave a comment below! Stop back next week and see what new Bento Lunch Idea we have for you.
About the Author:
Chrissy Taylor is a wife, Mom, blogger and property manager. She and her husband of 15 years are raising two active boys in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. Chrissy enjoys blogging about recipes, crafts, gifts and household tips.
You can connect with her at