This delicious Curried Egg Salad Recipe is a slight step above your basic egg salad recipe! With yogurt instead of mayonnaise, it is also a bit healthier than your standard egg salad!
Coming up with new lunch recipes can be challenging at times. It is easy to get into a rut of just making a quick turkey or ham sandwich for lunch.
I was determined to implement new recipes into my lunch time menu. I added my Curried Egg Salad recipe into my lunch menu recently and I could not be happier!
It is such a welcome change from a simple salad or meat sandwich.
Plus, we just made it through Easter. If you are anything like me, you are still a bit overwhelmed with all the left over boiled eggs! Here is a nice change that I bet you will enjoy!
If you don’t have time to make lunch the day of, make it the night before so it’s all ready to go!
Curried Egg Salad Recipe Many Ways:
On bread – You can use a delicious bun or plain sliced wheat bread to make this egg salad into a satisfying sandwich
Make it a Wrap – You can add it to a romaine lettuce wrap for a healthier version or a gluten free version of the above-mentioned sandwich.
Appetizer – You could even double or triple this recipe to make a delicious dip that you take to your next function. It taste awesome with Corn Chips!
Make it a Meal:
I like to enjoy this recipe with my Coffee Banana Tofu Shake. Drinking this shake with my lunch gives me an afternoon pick-me-up and keeps me full until dinner time!
This Curried Egg Salad Recipe goes great with a light side as well. I like to have it with a simple carrot salad or some sliced fruit.
The following ingredients for this curried egg salad recipe are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
More Leftover Eggs Recipes:
- 5 good quality eggs
- 1½ teaspoons of your favorite curry powder
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 2 big pinches of salt
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of chives, minced
- *optional: ½ medium apple, chopped
- *optional: ¼ cup of pecans, toasted & chopped
- Put the eggs into the empty pot and run enough cold water to cover the eggs by ½ inch.
- Bring the eggs to a gentle boil.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot and allow the eggs to sit for exactly 7 minutes.
- Grab a large bowl, add ice and cold water and have it ready.
- After exactly 7 minutes, carefully pour the water out of the pot and place the eggs into the ice bath for about 3 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the eggs to cook and cool, get a small bowl and add the yogurt, curry powder and salt. Mix it together.
- Next, crack and peel each egg then place it in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the yogurt mixture, onions, and chives (add the optional ingredients during this step as well).
- Mash the ingredients together with a fork, but not too much. You do want the egg salad to have texture.
- If you need more moisture in your egg salad, add a little bit more yogurt, a little at a time, until it is the right consistency. Taste it and then adjust the flavor with a bit more salt if necessary.