Once the school year begins, kids basically turn into all-consuming food disposal machines. In the afternoons, they’re ready to eat every. single. thing. in the refrigerator. But as they grow, it’s worth the effort to teach them to make their own snacks. It helps them learn to be self-sufficient, it teaches them responsibility, and it saves you the trouble of doing it! LOL!
So, how do you come up with snacks that are easy enough for the kids to make yet yummy enough for them to want to eat? Try one of these delicious afternoon snacks kids can make for themselves! You’re sure to find one here they’ll be excited to make!
Try even more tasty treats with this list of over 30 movie night snacks for the family!
30 Afternoon Snacks Kids Can Make:
1. These delicious Tuna Canoes are so fun to make!
2. Skip the store-bought version and let the kids make their own Homemade Uncrustables!
3. These cute Ham and Cheese Roll-ups are a simple snack to assemble!
4. Make a batch of these Oatmeal Raspberry Bars and put them in the cookie jar!
5. Let the kids assemble these Granola Bars in advance and then put a few in their lunchboxes too!
6. Remember Ants on a Log? They still make a fantastic snack for kids!
7. Toast some of these English Muffin Pizzas for a kid-approved treat!
8. This simple Peanut Butter and Fruit Parfait is a perfect go-to snack!
9. These Donut Hole Apples are too cute! Kids will love to make them and then gobble them up!
10. You only need two ingredients to make these Blueberry Peach Popsicles!
11. These No-Bake Energy Bites are bite-sized and perfect for little hands!
12. Tired of PB&J? Let the kids make this Crunchy Apple Peanut Butter Wrap!
13. These Sweet & Salty Granola Bars are delicious for breakfast or for a snack!
14. Set sail with this super cute Boat-Shaped Snack that’s healthy too!
15. This fun Shark Bait Snack Mix makes an awesome summer snack!
16. Get all the taste of a Caprese Salad in these kid-friendly Caprese Kabobs!
17. Spend a little time putting these fun Butterfly Snacks together for the kids to enjoy all week!
18. Pop some of these Frozen Chocolate-Covered Banana Treats in the freezer for a cool treat!
19. Put this Easy Tree Snack together for a sweet and salty treat!
20. Take along this cute Zoo Trail Mix on a trip to the zoo!
21. Let the kids make their own Apple Pizza! (Be sure to cut the slices yourself beforehand.)
22. This recipe for No-Bake Monster Cookie Energy Bites is sure to be a kid-pleaser!
23. Whip up these Peanut Butter Banana Roll-Ups and let the kids share them!
24. These No-Bake Protein Bars could make a quick breakfast or snack for kids!
25. Mix up this Easy Kid Trail Mix and store it in a plastic resealable bag. Great for afternoon sports practice!
26. Try this twist on peanut butter & jelly sandwiches: Apple Sandwiches!
27. Need to avoid gluten with the kids? Try this Gluten-Free After School Mix!
28. These No-Bake Sheep Grahams are so cute!
29. I don’t know about your kids, but mine are so tired of eating oatmeal. Don’t think they’ll get tired of these Strawberry Oatmeal Bars though!
30. Use quesadillas to make these delicious Pizza Dippers!
31. They’ll have a blast with this Simple Toddler Charcuterie Board!
32. Don’t forget to make this Apple Spice Pretzels Recipe for Fall!
Afternoon Snacks Kids Can Make Recipes and Resources:
Let the kids mix up their own yummy snacks with these Amazon affiliate resources!