In the summer when the temperatures climb to the “It’s crazy hot” level, there’s nothing I love more than a cool, refreshing meal. I’ve been known to serve salad or sandwich at dinner time, just because I don’t want to turn on the oven.
And that’s why this Ham Salad Sandwich recipe is a perfect lunch or dinner meal idea, especially when it’s hot outside! This recipe only has a few ingredients and it only takes 20 minutes to make, so why not try it for a take-along lunch this week?
The great thing about this ham salad recipe is that you can make up a batch of the salad and spread it on bread as a sandwich or serve it along with crackers or crudites as an appetizer! If you wanted to put a little spin on it, you could even make it, skip the bread, and add in cooked pasta to make a ham pasta salad!
- 3 cups deli-cooked ham chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve on sliced bread or crackers.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to three days.
These sandwiches go great with french fries or potato chips. Be sure to serve a glass of cold Watermelon Refresher Tea too!
More Delicious Sandwich Recipes:
Love this recipe? Try these other sandwich recipes!
- Grilled Salmon Sandwiches with Creamy Avocado
- Ultimate Grilled Macaroni and Cheese Sandwich
- Blue Cheese and Turkey Club Sandwich
Best Sandwich Making Resources:
These resources are awesome for making all kinds of sandwiches!
- Proctor-Silex Sandwich Toaster
- The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches: Recipes, History, and Trivia for Everything Between Sliced Bread
- Hamilton Beach Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker