In the summer when the temperatures climb to the “It’s crazy hot” level, there’s nothing I love more than a cool, refreshing meal. I’ve been known to serve salad or sandwich at dinner time, just because I don’t want to turn on the oven.
And that’s why this Ham Salad Sandwich recipe is a perfect lunch or dinner meal idea, especially when it’s hot outside! This recipe only has a few ingredients and it only takes 20 minutes to make, so why not try it for a take-along lunch this week?
The great thing about this ham salad recipe is that you can make up a batch of the salad and spread it on bread as a sandwich or serve it along with crackers or crudites as an appetizer! If you wanted to put a little spin on it, you could even make it, skip the bread, and add in cooked pasta to make a ham pasta salad!
These sandwiches go great with french fries or potato chips. Be sure to serve a glass of cold Watermelon Refresher Tea too!
More Delicious Sandwich Recipes:
Love this recipe? Try these other sandwich recipes!
- Grilled Salmon Sandwiches with Creamy Avocado
- Ultimate Grilled Macaroni and Cheese Sandwich
- Blue Cheese and Turkey Club Sandwich
Best Sandwich Making Resources:
These resources are awesome for making all kinds of sandwiches!
- Proctor-Silex Sandwich Toaster
- The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches: Recipes, History, and Trivia for Everything Between Sliced Bread
- Hamilton Beach Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker
- 3 cups deli-cooked ham chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve on sliced bread or crackers.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to three days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 604Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 313mgSodium: 2869mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 40g