I’ve got another delicious and fun mini-dessert recipe for you today with this perfect Chocolate Chip Cupcake Recipe!
It’s one of the best chocolate chip cupcake recipe you’ll ever find. Fluffy, light, and the perfect combination of vanilla cake and chocolate. It’s everything a mini chocolate chip cupcake should be. Be certain to check out these cupcake recipes, too!
If you don’t think these are one step up from those indulgent chocolate chip muffins (that you somehow convince yourself are still muffins), that you get in the box–you’re crazy. It’s that soft fluff that really does make it an experience, but then you get that super soft and almost squishy top.
It’s definitely a mini-muffin-cupcake hybrid that requires a taste.
And I say, let’s lose the muffin-pretense and add a quick swirl of delicious & smooth chocolate chip frosting and call a cupcake a cupcake!
Or, in this case, I guess we could be more specific and call it a vanilla choc chip cupcake. That’s up to you, I guess.
Now, I’m going to include my recipe for a delicious white cupcake recipe, but you can substitute that for your own or even use a white boxed cake.
The two most important aspects of this cupcake are really:
- Mini chocolate chips generously added into the batter and the frosting. And maybe a few on top for fun. Need a 1/2 cup more? Do it.
- That light and bright chocolate chip vanilla frosting. It’s so much fluffiness.
But there’s really just so much to love about these chocolate chip muffins. They’re just so much mini-perfection.
How to Make This Mini Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
Start by preheating your oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with your choice of paper liners. I used a mini muffin tray because tiny is awesome.
Cream together the shortening, butter and sugar in a large bowl; mixing until light and fluffy, about two minutes.
Next add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder (not baking soda, there is definitely a difference).
And in a third bowl, mix together milks and vanilla extract.
Alternate adding a bit of the dry ingredients into the cupcake batter, mixing fully, then the milk wet ingredients, and repeating, until both have been completely added.
Stir in the chocolate chips to your desired level, and portion out into cupcake liners (about 3/4 of the way full on each muffin tin).
Bake 18-22 minutes, until an toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before frosting.
While the cupcakes are cooling, whip together your frosting. You could easily do this with a chocolate buttercream, but vanilla is more my style.
Blend the butter, shortening, and 3 cups of icing sugar. Check the consistency and add more icing sugar or cream to achieve your desired consistency.
You can either mix your mini chocolate chips into the frosting, or sprinkle them on top of the frosted cupcakes.
Then you get to the best part–eating them!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Vanilla Choc Chip Cupcake Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making this Chocolate Chip Cupcake Recipe at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish and Starch Side: Hearty Baked Chicken and Pasta
Vegetable Side: Asparagus Soup
Refreshing Drink: Cranberry Kiss Mocktail
Best Cupcake Recipes
I hope you love this chocolate chip cupcake recipe as much as I did! Be sure to check out my other delicious cupcake recipes. You’ll find a treat for every taste!
- Chocolate? Yes! Hazelnut? Yes! Let’s make Ferraro Rocher Cupcakes!
- Perfect for fall, these Caramel Apple Cupcakes are all sorts of tasty goodness.
- Or, if you’re in a rush, but you just gotta have a cupcake, try my Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
More Chocolate Chip Recipes
If you’re just here for the chocolate chips, I am so here with you. They’re the best part of so many of my favorite treats. So, I gathered my favorites to share just with you!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 5-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Low Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
I've got another delicious and fun mini-dessert recipe for you today with this perfect Chocolate Chip Cupcake Recipe!
For the cupcakes:
- 1 cup butter softened at room temperature
- ½ cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs room temperature (or for a whiter cake, use 7 egg whites)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole milk room temperature
- ½ cup buttermilk room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the frosting:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 Tablespoon shortening
- 3-5 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons cream if needed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a muffin tray with your choice of cupcake liners.
- Blend the butter and shortening, then add the sugar; mix until light and fluffy, about two minutes.
- Next add the eggs - add them in one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- And in a third bowl, mix together milks and vanilla extract.
- Alternate adding a bit of the flour mixture into the cupcake batter, mixing fully, then the milk mixture, and repeating, until both have been completely added.
- Stir in the chocolate chips to your desired level, and portion out into cupcake liners. (1/3 cup of batter per liner.)
- Bake 18-22 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before frosting.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, whip together your frosting. Blend the butter, shortening, and 3 cups of icing sugar. Check the consistency and add more icing sugar or cream to achieve your desired consistency.
- You can either mix your mini chocolate chips into the frosting, or sprinkle them on top of the frosted cupcakes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 1gSugar: 66gProtein: 3g