Chicken is one of the most reliable dinner staples in our family. No matter what kind of mood my husband or kids are in, I know if I cook chicken they’re going to eat it. But, it’s the side dishes that often trip me up, especially when we’re trying to eat healthy.
Most of the side dishes I usually make for chicken are carb-heavy, such as macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, and dirty rice. And I still make those pretty often. But when I want something a bit lighter for my family, I try to make one of these low calorie side dishes for chicken. And everyone loves them! Check these out and add a few to your family meal plan!
Need more inspiration for making delicious sides? Stop by to see this list of over 100 side dish recipes!
Low Calorie Side Dishes for Chicken:
1. These Baked Parmesan Tomatoes are one of my family’s favorite sides! They’re so cheesy!
2. Cut up some carrots and serve them as this Sweet & Spicy Carrots side!
3. This Mediterranean Pasta Salad would be delicious with barbecue chicken!
4. Cut the calories from your side with this recipe for Skinny Mexican Coleslaw!
5. Love french fries? Try these Healthy Butternut Squash Fries!
6. Skip white rice and use vegetables to make this low-carb Parmesan Cauliflower Rice!
7. I still love traditional mac and cheese, but this lighter Pumpkin Mac & Cheese looks delish!
8. Bulk up your starch with plenty of fresh vegetables in this Rosemary Veggie Risotto!
9. This baked Mushroom Gratin Casserole would be so warm and comforting with baked chicken!
10. We love these easy Glazed Pearl Onions in our family!
11. Add some “oomph” to basic broccoli with this recipe for Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli!
12. Serve up this Healthy Pumpkin Cornbread Stuffing with roasted chicken!
13. This easy Five Bean Salad is a great make-ahead dish! Just mix it and refrigerate it!
14. I absolutely love brussels sprouts. I can’t wait to try this recipe for Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprouts!
15. Pick some fresh veggies to make these Roasted Spring Vegetables!
16. These lovely Asparagus Prosciutto Bundles would be wonderful to serve with oven baked chicken!
17. Serve this simple Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash with a dinner this fall!
18. This Garlic Sauteed Spinach and Mushrooms recipe would be a quick fix on a busy weeknight!
19. Love sour cream and onion chips? These Sour Cream and Onion Smashed Red Potatoes will be a big hit!
20. These Asparagus Spirals go so fast when I make them!
21. This Roasted Whole Cauliflower is just gorgeous. It’d look amazing in the center of the dinner table!
22. Try these Baked Plantain Fries for a lighter side with a taste of the tropics! These would be excellent with baked chicken fingers!
23. Turn zucchini into noodles with this recipe for One-Skillet Garlic Parmesan Zoodles!
24. This low-carb Cauliflower Chorizo Hash recipe is paleo-friendly!
25. Our Simple Carrot Salad is a great cold side dish for a barbecue!
26. Serve these Garlic Lemon Green Beans with fresh beans for a easy, yummy side!
Low Calorie Side Dishes for Chicken Recipe Resources:
Make some yummy low calorie side dishes for chicken in your kitchen with these Amazon affiliate resources!