Where are my strawberry lovers at? This Strawberry Cream Cake Recipe is delicious and easy to make! When it comes to Desserts Using Strawberries, it doesn’t get much better than this!
Next time you need a cake pronto, have these simple ingredients. I assure you that this is the perfect cake for brunch or an after-dinner treat!
Being an adult means that I get to eat cake whenever I want. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Well – I love it, so it must be good!
When I get a sweet tooth craving, this simple cake recipe is one of my go-to’s every single time. It’s easy to make, looks fantastic, and cures my snacking needs!
Strawberry Cream Cake Recipe
If you want to make your strawberry cake from scratch, this recipe will help you accomplish that! All you need is the list of ingredients below on the recipe card to get started.
I’ve made this for baby showers, birthdays, and a fun surprise for the boys on the weekend. Every single time that I make it, people are always asking me for the recipe!
Since I love sharing good food, I’m also happy to share the recipe. Why sit on a cake recipe this good when I can share it with the world?!
What is the best way to store homemade cake?
The temperature is one of the most important things to consider when storing the homemade cake.
Keeping it in an airtight container and stored at a cool temperature is ideal since extreme heat or moisture can cause the cake to spoil quickly.
Refrigeration is a must, so wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container to keep out excess humidity.
Freezing is also an option if you want your cake to last even longer, but be sure to thaw it completely before serving so that its flavor and texture remain intact.
However you store your homemade cake, remember that proper temperature control is vital!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Iced Strawberry Cake Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Homemade Strawberry Cake at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Have you been thinking about meal planning? Now is the time to get started! It’s the perfect way to plan the meals for the family and let everyone know what to expect!
Here is a simple way to get started today!
Main Dish: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Vegetable Side: Roasted Spring Vegetables
Starch Side: Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Strawberry Candy Corn Mocktail Recipe
Best Cake Recipes:
Once you make this Simple Strawberry Cake Recipe, it’s time to make more cake! You can never have too many cake recipes.
I’ve gathered some favorites that I hope you’ll also enjoy! It’ll be hard to choose just one!
This Coconut Easter Cake Recipe is perfect for an Easter treat.
Cut this Lucky Leprechaun Cake Recipe cake and share it with family and friends.
You can’t top the ease of this Apple Dump Cake recipe!
Once you try this Apple Fritter Cake, it will be all you think about!
Use this Custard Cake Recipe as a fun weekend dessert!
Every single person who tries this Egg Nog Cake Recipe is going to love how it tastes!
When I’m craving something sweet, this Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe is at the top of my list.
How do I clean and prepare fresh strawberries?
Fresh strawberries make for a tasty and healthy snack, dessert, or addition to breakfast and lunch.
Although they’re delicious, cleaning them properly ensures you enjoy them at their best.
The simplest way to clean fresh strawberries is by running them under cool water—nothing else is necessary.
Gently rubbing the strawberry while holding it under the faucet can help dislodge stubborn dirt or residue.
Don’t be afraid to gently press down on the fruit or shake it before submerging it in water when using a colander or strainer.
Once they have been washed, it’s best to dry off each berry with a clean paper towel or soft cloth to remove excess moisture, then enjoy them as soon as possible!
More Strawberry Recipes:
- 2½ cups of cake flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ cups of granulated sugar
- 12 tbsp butter softened
- 5 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1 tbsp clear vanilla extract (if you use regular it is fine as well - it will just make the cake darker)
- 1¼ cup of milk at room temperature
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 oz butter softened
- 3½ cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cream or milk
- 1 cup of strawberries diced into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the (4) 4x10x¾ inch pans. (These are specific pans - the link to buy them is in the post) You can also use a large loaf pan and slice the cake four ways horizontally.
- Mix the cake flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl. Set it aside.
- In a different bowl, mix the sugar and the butter with a mixer on medium speed.
- Add the egg whites and mix on high. Add the vanilla and the milk and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low.
- Fill the cake pans, but leave about 1/4 of an inch from the top.
- Put the pans on the center rack of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (If you are using a single pan, you will have to bake closer to 40 minutes)
- Move the cakes to the cooling rack.
- Mix the cream cheese and butter at medium speed to make the icing.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, mixing the whole time until fluffy.
- Add the cream and mix until smooth.
- Carefully fold the strawberries into the mixture.
- Trim the top of the cake layers to make them flat.
- Add a good amount of frosting on one layer of the cake. Place the next layer on top of the bottom layer and press down gently. Ice the top of this one. Do the same with the third layer and then place a top layer on it. Ice and top the sides.
- Place the cake in the fridge to chill for a few hours. Slice and serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 768Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 564mgCarbohydrates: 102gFiber: 1gSugar: 73gProtein: 9g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 3/9/2023
Will you enjoy this made-from-scratch strawberry cake recipe for brunch or dessert? Or both?