As the kids get bigger, they start eating…A LOT. I used to be able to cook one dish and have enough for everyone, plus leftovers. These days? I can barely get a full meal out of an entree and my kids still ask for more to eat. So I’ve started making more full course dinners and that means adding side dishes to my meal plans.
But it’s tough to plan a week’s worth of side dishes without having to repeat the same ones again and again. That’s why I’ve rounded up this list of over 100 side dish recipes! There are vegetable dishes, breads, soups, and pastas here that everyone is sure to love!
Want more great side dish ideas? Be sure to follow my Pinterest board: Recipes to Try: Side Dishes!
100+ Side Dish Recipes:
1. These Loaded Mashed Potatoes will be a great side to serve with fried chicken!
2. Whip up this Spicy Black Bean and Corn Salad as a cool summer side dish!
3. Make this Roasted Butternut Squash to serve alongside a hearty fall entree!
4. These Creamy Ranch Crockpot Potatoes cook all day, cutting your dinner prep in half!
5. This Cool Cabbage Slaw is perfect for a backyard barbecue!
6. Sneak some healthy veggies into your kids’ dinners with this Curried Lentil Rice!
7. This light Orange Coconut Salad would be delicious served with seafood!
8. Serve up this Vegetable Medley with Cream Sauce with pork chops or grilled fish!
9. Make this Bacon and Broccoli Salad as a simple side for lunch!
10. This Parmesan Ranch Zucchini looks delicious!
11. Give vegetables a spicy kick with this recipe for Thai Sweet Asparagus!
12. Bake up this Cheesy Broccoli & Corn Casserole for salmon or grilled chicken!
13. These Baked Parmesan Tomatoes are simple to prepare and cook in a few minutes!
14. Have you ever tried to make your own rice cakes? These Parmesan Rice Cakes are an easy DIY!
15. This Luscious Green and Red Grape Salad would be a wonderful side for a cold dinner!
16. Make this Orzo Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette as a unique pasta salad side!
17. This recipe for Sesame Peanut Spaghetti Squash would double as a side dish or a low-carb pasta option!
18. Cook this Savory Sausage and Spinach Skillet and serve it alongside a roasted chicken!
19. Make some sneakily nutritious fries with these Healthy Butternut Squash Fries! These go great with turkey burgers!
20. This Easy Spanish Rice is great for serving with meatloaf!
21. These Grilled Sweet Onions would be delicious served with hot dogs or fajitas!
22. Make a turkey dinner simple with this easy Cranberry and Almond Rice as a side dish!
23. These Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes are an amazing side dish to serve with stew!
24. This Black Bean and Avocado Salad is a healthy, light side that you can serve cold or warm!
25. These Pan-Fried Potatoes and Carrots are a wonderful side dish for pot roast!
26. Serve these Texas Cowboy Beans with Texas BBQ!
27. Make these Low-Cal Creamed Leeks and serve them along with grilled chicken!
28. These Parsley Butter Potatoes are yummy with steak!
29. This Garden Fresh Summer Squash Pie is an ideal side for a warm summer dinner!
30. Going low-carb? Try this Cauliflower Rice Enchilada Bowl!
31. This Tortellini Salad Recipe is perfect for an outdoor picnic!
32. Make these Roasted Garlic Parmesan Green Beans to serve alongside dinner at a family get-together!
33. This Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin is a healthier version of potatoes!
34. Kids don’t like cabbage? They’ll love these Roasted Cabbage Wedges with Onion & Dijon Sauce!
35. These Glazed Pearl Onions would be a great side or an add-in for stew!
36. Make these Easy Crock Pot Baked Potatoes and then top them with ground beef for a hearty side dish!
37. Take baked beans to the next level with this recipe for Bacon Baked Beans!
38. Cook these Slow Cooker Collard Greens for a classic Southern side!
39. Skip the frozen french fries and make your own Homemade French Fries!
40. Turn a kid favorite into a side your children will love with these Loaded Cheesy Tater Tots!
41. Cook this Macaroni and Cheese and serve it along with glazed ham!
42. These Slow Cooker Black-Eyed Peas are a perfect side to serve with smoked pork!
43. Put this easy Kale and Apple Salad together to serve with baked chicken!
44. This Simple Corn, Pepper, and Onion Saute would be a perfect addition to Taco Night!
45. Fire up the grill and make this Grilled Zucchini with Mint Pesto & Feta!
46. Try this Tuscan Bacon Potato Salad for a twist on classic potato salad!
47. Still looking for a light side dish to try? This Plum & Mint Pea Salad with Tea Vinaigrette is perfect!
48. Load up your cornbread with this Broccoli, Bacon, & Cheese Cornbread!
49. I love risotto. It’s so creamy and comforting. And I love the idea of adding vegetables to it even more! Try this recipe for Risotto with Asparagus!
50. If your kids don’t like cauliflower, try this Spicy Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower instead!
51. Make up these Scalloped Potatoes for a classic side dish your family will love!
52. These Roasted Root Vegetables are an upgrade from boring veggies!
53. This delicious Grilled Peach Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette looks so gorgeous!
54. Give asparagus a flavor boost with this Garlic Parmesan Asparagus!
55. This Onion Mashed Potato Casserole is a fun way to change up standard mashed potatoes!
56. Serve this light Tuscan Tomato & Mozzarella Salad along with tilapia!
57. Change up basic macaroni and cheese with this Green Chili Mac & Cheese!
58. These Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Candied Bacon and Pecans are a sweet side to serve!
59. These Easy Grilled Veggies are a simple side for an outdoor party!
60. Who doesn’t love pineapple? Serve it as a second course with this Pineapple Side Dish recipe!
61. Make risotto simple with this Five Ingredient Risotto!
62. Tired of boxed stuffing? Make your own with this recipe for Stuffing with Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme!
63. Get a taste of the colonel at home with this Copycat KFC Coleslaw!
64. These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate cook up fast and are excellent with lamb!
65. Give your dinner a tropical makeover with this Healthy Roasted Hawaiian Medley!
66. Balsamic vinegar is just so, so good. So I just know these Balsamic Roasted Onions are delicious!
67. Serve an elegant side with this beautiful, but simple, Broccoli Braid!
68. Make this Skillet Potato Cake in a cast iron skillet for an old-fashioned cabin meal!
69. Soda on potatoes? Yep! These Sunkist New Potatoes have an orange tangy twist!
70. Add the taste of bacon to a family favorite with this Smothered Bacon Green Bean Casserole!
71. Serve this yummy Asparagus and Potato Egg Bake as a side or a breakfast meal!
72. These Mexican Stuffed Peppers would be excellent with grilled steak!
73. This Skinny Spaghetti Pie is a simple, nutritious side dish!
74. Bake these Cheesy Herb Biscuits and serve them with soup or pasta!
75. Skipping meat? Try this Tofu Vegetable Salad!
76. Try a new kind of salad with this recipe for Cranberry Almond Broccoli Salad!
77. These Savory Parmesan Bites are a nice way to change up traditional dinner rolls!
78. Serve this Broccoli Casserole to add more vegetables to your family meal!
79. These easy Oven Steak Fries are perfect with steak or burgers!
80. Need some party food? These Texas Chili Cheese Fries are decadent and delicious!
81. Whip up this Fully Loaded Potato Salad and make everyone at the table happy!
82. Okra is a Southern staple, but I’ve never had it cooked Italian-style. Definitely trying this recipe for Italian Okra & Beans!
83. Love spicy food? Try this Jalapeno Bacon Corn!
84. This recipe for German Red Potatoes with Pistachios sounds a bit quirky, but it looks really, really good!
85. Oh, how I love plantains. These Baked Plantain Fries look yummy!
86. Skip mashed potatoes and serve this low-carb Mashed Cauliflower instead!
87. Try serving this Chilled Avocado Soup as a side dish instead of an appetizer!
88. This Brussels Sprouts with Lemon & Pancetta makes for an elegant side dish!
89. Serve this recipe for Southern Black-Eyed Peas along with turkey for a hearty meal!
90. Your children will be happy to eat their veggies in this delicious Broccoli & Cauliflower Parmesan Bake!
91. Make creamed corn the easy way – in your slow cooker! Try this recipe for Crockpot Creamed Corn!
92. This Buttermilk Corn Bread would be awesome with the Southern Black-Eyed Peas above!
93. Combine vegetables and sausage in this Caufliflower Chorizo Hash!
94. Your kids will love the sweet taste of these Honey Glazed Carrots!
95. If you’re all squashed out, try a new variety and make this Baked Acorn Squash!
96. Bake this Southern-Style Cornbread Dressing for a hearty side dish that’s sure to please!
97. Serve this light Cucumber Salad with fried fish!
98. Make a favorite a bit healthier with this recipe for Zucchini Hushpuppies!
99. Turn vegetables into fried appetizers with this recipe for Zucchini-Feta Fritters with Lime!
100. Try a new way to serve potatoes with these Roasted Balsamic Potatoes!
101. Make a big batch of this Pasta Medley Salad and serve it chilled!
Side Dish Resources:
Spice up your side dishes with these great resources!