Top Chef judge Gail Simmons has created some new recipes to help Pure Leaf Iced Tea kick off its Love of Leaves campaign at its luncheon in NYC. In addition, every social engagement from fans on Pure Leaf’s Facebook or Tumblr, and use of the #loveofleaves hashtag on Instagram and Twitter, Pure Leaf will donate $1 to Wholesome Wave, an organization focused on increasing access to local foods in underserved communities.
Salads, whether a lettuce or potato salad, make great side dishes in the summer. Perfect to go with your meat you just took off the grill. This Plum, Mint & Pea Salad is made with a Tea Vinaigrette made with Pure Leaf Unsweetened Iced Tea! A great summer salad recipe!
- For Salad:
- 1 bunch arugula washed
- 1/2 pound snap peas trimmed, stringed, cut in half on diagonal
- 1/4 cup mint leaves packed
- 2 ripe plums sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted hazelnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled (optional)
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Pure Leaf Unsweetened Iced Tea
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Place arugula in a large serving bowl.
Add snap peas and mint, and gently toss.
Top with plums, nuts and crumbled goat cheese if desired.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar and tea.
Add olive oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly to emulsify.
Add salt and pepper, and combine.
Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat.
Divide among four plates to serve.
Gail Simmons, TV personality and Special Projects Director at FOOD & WINE magazine.
If you would like to see more from Gail Simmons, check out her book Talking with My Mouth Full: My Life as a Professional Eater!