From Minnie: Coleslaw comes from the Dutch word koolsla, meaning “cool cabbage.” Make this side dish in minutes using your food processor (or start out with a half bag of store-bought Angel Hair Slaw or 3-Color Deli Slaw), then use the time you saved to head outdoors for a brisk walk. Not only is this dish super yummy, but it’s easy as can be too. Make it ahead of time and put it in the fridge until ready to eat!
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup Sun-Maid Raisins I use half raisins and half dried cranberries-so pretty!
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Seed Kernels optional
- ½ cup fat free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fat free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijonnaise mustard
- ¼ teaspoon dill weed optional
- Salt and pepper
- Sweetener to taste I add 1 tablespoon honey
COMBINE all salad ingredients. Set aside.
COMBINE all dressing ingredients and BLEND well.
POUR dressing over salad.
ADD salt, pepper, and sweetener to taste.
TOSS and refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve alongside BBQ, fried chicken, seafood, or whatever else you may be having.