Making a special meal is always a great way to bond with family during the holiday season. Put a unique twist on your holiday meal this year by making this Sunkist® New Potatoes Side Dish Recipe!
By the way, I got my Sunkist® at my local Walmart for only $1.00! And that’s not the only deal you can claim when you shop at Walmart this holiday season!
Read on to learn how to make this dish yourself and how to claim an awesome VUDU credit at the same time! Plus, I’m sharing 7 fun 2-liter soda bottle crafts you can make with your kids once you finish preparing the recipe!
Where to Shop to Make Your Recipe
I got my ingredients for this recipe, including the two 2-liter bottle of Sunkist®, from my local Walmart. Right now, you can take advantage of a super holiday deal featuring A&W®, 7UP®, Canada Dry®, Sunkist®, Sun Drop®, RC Cola®, Squirt®, when you buy them at Walmart!
Walmart is featuring a promotion that includes these soft drink products and VUDU. When you purchase 10 2-liter DPSG products or buy 5 – 0.5L 6 packs of DPSG soft drinks at Walmart, you get a $5 VUDU credit absolutely FREE!
Personally, I find that buying food and drink in bulk saves a TON of time and effort during the holidays, especially when I’m expecting friends and family to visit. Looking into my pantry and seeing that I’m fully stocked on beverages and snacks takes a real load off of my mind on busy weeknights.
And, if you’re nervous about how to claim your VUDU credit, don’t be! It’s super easy and quick to redeem your credit and enjoy movies and TV shows with your family!
Sunkist® New Potatoes Side Dish Recipe:
This recipe features red potatoes, fresh oranges, Sunkist® soda, onion, and a few seasonings. But it comes together in just 30 minutes! Since this recipe serves six, it’s a perfect side for a holiday gathering!
- 3 pounds of small red, new potatoes
- 2 oranges squeezed (about 1/2 cup of orange juice)
- 1 Cup of Sunkist® Orange Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in pan on medium-high heat
Saute Onions and Minced Garlic until onions are clear
Meanwhile, prepare your potatoes by scrubbing them and chopping them into 1-1/2 inch cubes
In medium bowl, put chopped potatoes, juice from oranges, and Sunkist® - stir to coat
Add mixture, honey, and salt & pepper to hot pan - bring to simmer
Cover and allow to simmer/boil for 12 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork
Uncover and allow to cook for about 5 minutes more - you are wanting the Sunkist® to thicken and coat the potatoes as opposed to being soupy.
Serve and enjoy!
7 Two-Liter Soda Bottle Crafts:
Reuse your empty Sunkist® bottle afterward to make some adorable kids’ crafts! Try these 7 Two-Liter Soda Bottle Crafts to give your kids a fun way to pass the time this holiday season!
- This fun Ocean in a Bottle is easy enough for preschoolers to enjoy!
- Repurpose your empty soda bottle into an adorable animal with this Soda Bottle Owl Craft!
- Are your kids crazy for Minions? Make a Plastic Bottle Minion with them!
- Take a bottle and turn it into the king of the jungle with this cute Soda Bottle Lion Craft.
- This torn paper Rainbow Soda Bottle looks so easy that even toddlers can get involved!
- Go to the moon and make this Soda Bottle Rocket Craft!
- This 2-Liter Bottle Pig Craft is a fun way to visit the farm!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AMP Agency. The opinions and text are all mine.