How often have you looked in your freezer and though, ” What can I do with two pounds of boneless chicken thighs”? With amazing deals on them often, this probably happens more than you even realize.
This delicious recipe solves your problem!
This Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken recipe is so simple and easy to make. One bite and you’ll be prepping yourself for another helping before you’ve even finished this one.
If you like this recipe, make certain to try our Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe as well.
Doesn’t it just look delicious?! It’s light with a sweet flavor and sits quite nicely on a mound of cooked white rice.
Perfect for summer nights or hearty winters. My family loves this dish all year long.
My favorite parts are that with a bit of meal prep early in the day and an instant pot, this tangy bbq sauce covered Hawaiian chicken can be ready quickly; even on the busiest of evenings.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Instant Pot Chicken Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Must Have Resources:
When making Hawaiian Instant Pot recipe at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- Pressure Cooker ( I like a quick release valve on it)
- Pressure Cooker Liners
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Small Mixing Bowl
What are some good side dishes for Hawaiian Chicken?
There are actually several side dishes that you can choose from. Brown or white rice are always a great option, as is a nice side salad.
Any of the recipes from this list of Hawaiian Side Dish Recipes will go perfectly.
With the chicken being the star of the show, your side dish options are pretty easy to set up and compliment.
Best Hawaiian Recipes:
Once you make this Hawaiin Chicken Recipe, get ready…your family is going to be asking for this much more frequently than you may have expected! Add in some of these other recipes to keep your meal planning spaced out a bit:
Without much more than some salt and pepper and bbq sauce, simply add the chicken into the high pressure cooker for a delicious dinner in minutes.
More Chicken Recipes:
- Boiled Chicken Wing recipes
- Grilled Chicken Wing recipes
- Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Casserole recipes
Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, reserving 2 tablespoons of the juice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT 2 tablespoons pineapple juice and cornstarch in pressure cooker liner. Stir.
- Cover the pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Cook on “manual” or “pressure cook” for 5 minutes. All to release naturally for 10 minutes before quick release to remove the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and turn the pressure cooker to “saute.”
- In a small bowl, stir together the reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch to create a slurry. Pour into pressure cooker and stir gently to combine. Allow chicken to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
About 1 teaspoon xanthan gum can be substituted for the cornstarch.
Swerve Brown Sugar substitute can be used to replace the brown sugar.
Barbecue sauce can be substituted for the hoisin sauce although it will alter the flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 185mgSodium: 1443mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 39g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 7/2/2019
Can I make this in the Slow Cooker?
Yes! However, your cook times will be significantly increased. Chicken does best on low temperatures in the crockpot. So, you will need to cook the chicken for 6-8 hours on low.
Basically, other than the times, you would follow the recipe above step by step if making it in the slow cooker.
About 30 minutes before it is time to eat, I would do step four in the recipe above.
Friday 3rd of September 2021
I love chicken. Thanks for the recipe.
Wednesday 18th of August 2021
I love chicken. Thanks for this recipe.
Richella J Parham
Thursday 15th of August 2019
I've been looking for more Instant Pot recipes, so I'm really glad to get this one!
Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!
Saturday 3rd of August 2019
We are going to love this recipe, it looks fantastic and so easy! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back to see us real soon! Miz Helen