From Minnie: Kelli’s Spaghetti Pie sounded yummy, buy a bit too high in calories for myself and the hubby, so I tried scaling it down and must say, “it turned out great!”
This recipe calls for Seasoning Blend Muffins.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 20 ounce package of Butterball Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 Frozen seasoning blend muffins
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained (14.5 ounces)
- 1 Small can of tomato paste 6 ounces
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon of butter or margarine melted
- ½ cup EggBeaters lightly beaten
- ¼ cup grated Fat Free Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup 8 ounces Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- ½ Cup Shredded Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
Cut Spaghetti Squash in half longways, microwave cut sides down for 7-8 minutes until tender.
Allow to cool, and then shred with 2 forks.
Brown and drain the ground turkey, then add back into pan.
Add to browned and drained meat: seasoning blend muffins, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper.
Allow to simmer while completing the next step.
In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti squash strands, butter, EggBeaters, and Parmesan cheese.
Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
Top with cottage cheese and then with beef mixture.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.