This Skinny Spaghetti Pie recipe is one that is low in calories but still full of flavor! If you’re wanting a low-calorie option that could pass for a plate of spaghetti, using squash is the trick that you need! The flavor of this spaghetti squash pie recipe is out of this world – and you don’t have to feel guilty for eating it!
You can make this Italian spaghetti pie with ground beef, ground turkey, or anything else that you might like. While you’re at it, be sure to check out my Spaghetti Squash Recipes for even more easy ideas.
This spaghetti pie recipe with cottage cheese is a great flavor and taste. It’s full of wonderful ingredients and a fun way to cook a hearty dinner that everyone will love.
Skinny Spaghetti Pie Recipe
Once you realize how versatile cooking with spaghetti squash is, you’re not going to want to cook it any other way. It’s a great ingredient to add a bit of health and nutrition to your weeknight meals and recipes.
I’m always amazed at how much the kids like it, to be honest. I’m just waiting for them to tell me how much that they miss the noodles – but that comment never comes! They love this recipe because the spaghetti mixture and the cheese topping really taste legit!
What is the texture of the spaghetti squash noodles?
They’re going to be comparable to al dente noodles. They shouldn’t be mushy and should be able to hold their own with the Italian seasoning and the meat sauce.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Simple Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Now is the time to start meal planning! Check out how easy it can be to plan out the meals for the day, week, and month!
Vegetable Side: Over 25 Stir Fry Recipes
Starch Side: Leftover Boiled Potato Recipes
Refreshing Drink: Orange Mocktail Recipe
Don’t forget Dessert: Cranberry Orange Whoopie Pies Recipe
Best Squash Recipes:
Once you make this Easy Squash Recipe, don’t stop! You can whip up even more and I’ve gathered up some of my favorites to share with you!
These Hearty Hamburger Meat and Squash Recipes make the perfect easy weeknight dinners.
Everyone is going to love the taste of these Spaghetti Squash Dessert Recipes!
The flavor of this Butternut Squash Tart is divine!
Chicken and Summer Squash is sure to be a hit!
This Squash and Zucchini Summer Bake will have you craving more veggies!
Don’t forget to make this Crockpot Rosemary Acorn Squash Recipe!
Everyone in the family agrees that this Two Cheese Squash Casserole Recipe is one of the best!
How long does it take to cook squash?
You shouldn’t be looking at longer than 30 minutes of time!
More Turkey Recipes:
- Quick Ground Turkey RoTel Recipe
- Toasted Santa Fe Turkey Sandwich
- Blue Cheese and Turkey Club Sandwich
Skinny Spaghetti Pie Recipe
Making spaghetti pie just a bit more healthy and lower in calories!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 20 ounce package of Butterball Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 Frozen seasoning blend muffins
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained (14.5 ounces)
- 1 Small can of tomato paste 6 ounces
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon of butter or margarine melted
- ½ cup EggBeaters lightly beaten
- ¼ cup grated Fat Free Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup 8 ounces Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- ½ Cup Shredded Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
- Cut Spaghetti Squash in half longways, microwave cut sides down for 7-8 minutes until tender.
- Allow to cool, and then shred with 2 forks.
- Brown and drain the ground turkey, then add back into pan.
- Add to browned and drained meat: seasoning blend muffins, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer while completing the next step.
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti squash strands, butter, EggBeaters, and Parmesan cheese.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Top with cottage cheese and then with turkey mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 709mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 35g
Are you going to prep and cook two so that you have some of this squash pie leftover for the next day?
Spaghetti Casserole - CrystalandComp.com
Thursday 9th of March 2023
[…] Skinny Spaghetti Pie Recipe […]
Sunday 9th of February 2014
I tried this recipe tonight. It turned out pretty watery. Any suggestions about what I did wrong? Also, the onions and pepper from my seasoning muffins didn't get cooked well so they were very crunchy.
Thursday 15th of March 2012
I would like to try this recipe but I don't believe I know what seasoning blend muffins are.
Friday 16th of March 2012
You can find the recipe for it here: http://southernmomcooks.com/frozen-seasoning-blend-oamc/