This is the best recipe for easy peanut butter cookies that I have ever found. Some easy peanut butter cookies taste funny, these do not! I have had this cookie recipe for so long that my handwriting is starting to rub off the recipe card. I think I got it from my grandmother. 🙂
My house loves cookies more than most other desserts, but these PB Cookies are the most requested. Thank goodness, because they are the easiest to make. LOL!
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 Lg egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- --- bake at 325 degrees for approx 10 minutes.
- Beat first 7 ingredients for 2 minutes
- Add remaining 3 ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Drop into ½ in balls onto a greased cookie sheet
- Press criss-cross on top of each cookie with a fork that has been dipped in sugar (if you stick fork under running water first the sugar will stay better long enough to get to fork)
- Bake at 325 for approximately 10 minutes or until the cookies are a beautiful golden brown
That is it! It says it makes approx 5 dozen, but I have never gotten 5 dozen out of it. 🙂 Maybe my cookies are too big 🙂
More Delicious Cookie Recipes:
Want these Easy Peanut Butter cookies in a more heart friendly version? Check out my newer recipe post to learn to make these Heart Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies using Cheerios!
Need more? This list of over 20 low calorie cookies is sure to please!
You are going to love eating (and making) these easy 5-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies for your family and friends.
Kelli’s Recommended Cookie Making Resources: