Do you have recipe cards, printed recipes, and cookbooks cluttering up your kitchen? You’re not alone! My recipe collection consists of tons of meal ideas, family recipes, binders, and other pieces of paper that are in desperate need of organizing.
Today, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite recipe organization ideas! You’ll find suggestions for taming your paper recipe collection and tips for getting digital recipes in order too. I’ll be sure to use these myself also…lol.
Want to add to your recipe collection? Don’t miss my list of over 80 crockpot recipes!
It’s so easy to let a recipe collection get out of control. There are so many great recipes available in magazines, on store packages, and from dear friends that you can end up just tossing paper into a drawer. It doesn’t have to be that way! There are some excellent (and easy) ways to organize recipes that anyone can try!
Recipe Organization Ideas:
1. If your printed recipes are out of control, try these tips about how to organize printed recipes to get started!
2. Learn how to create categories for your recipes so that you can start organizing them easily!
3. Pare down your recipes by getting one of the ones your family will never eat and keeping their favorites!
4. Find out how to choose the right binders for your recipe collection. Depending on the size of your recipe stash, you may need a pretty big size!
5. Once you’ve chosen a recipe binder, learn how to set it up so that you can find what you want quickly!
6. Prefer a more convenient recipe keeper? Make your own DIY Flip Recipe Organizer to keep tasty dishes at your fingertips!
7. What if you want that traditional recipe collection? Set up a recipe card file and stock it with your favorites!
8. Learn how to use OneNote to organize recipes in digital form! This is a perfect idea if you’re trying to live paperless!
9. Do you tend to collect recipes from print magazines? Try organizing recipes in an accordion file to get a handle on your paper!
10. And if you have a super big recipe collection, learn how to set up separate binders for each recipe category! It’ll save time when you’re meal planning!
Recipe Organizing Resources:
These recipe organizing resources (aff links) make getting your favorite recipes in order easy as pie!