This White Chicken Chili Recipe is such a breeze to make. All you need is your slow cooker, a few easy ingredients, and hunger for chili is this easy meal is going to be ready in no time at all. This crock pot recipe is a wonderful taste and flavor and you can easily top it with crushed tortilla chips, salt and pepper, or other fun toppings to suit your taste.
I also like the taste of our southwestern chicken chili recipe so be certain to check out that simple chicken dish, too!
Mixing together the chili peppers and the chili pepper add a little bit of subtle heat that is certain to be a hit. And if you really like spice, you can easily doctor up your own bowl and add even more. The end flavor really does depend on you.
White Chicken Chili Recipe
Since you get to make this in your slow cooker, there isn’t a huge amount of work on your end that has to be done. And once you start to smell it cooking, your tummy is going to be growling for sure.
In our house, the toppings on the chili are always a big deal. We use cilantro, spices, Fritos, and even some tasty cheeses, too. The boys are always hungry for chili and they love this simple recipe.
Can you leave the beans out of chili?
You can. If you’re not a fan of beans, or just don’t have them in the house, you can easily make this simple chili recipe without them. (or if you have a different type of canned beans, use those instead!)
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the White Chili Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following farm decor can be found on Etsy. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making White Chicken Chili at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
I’ve been meal planning for years and I LOVE it. If you’re on the fence or worried about giving it a try, don’t be. It’s literally one of the best ways to save time and prepare for the week.
Vegetable Side: George Foreman Grill Zucchini Recipe
Starch Side: Pan Fried Potatoes and Carrots Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Super Tasty Blue Mocktail Recipes
Don’t forget Dessert: Pumpkin Latte Cupcakes For A Fun Caffeine Boost!
Best Chili Recipes:
Once you make this Homemade Chili Recipe, you’re going to be wanting more chili and more great flavors. This list of chili meals are some of my favorites and I think you’re going to like them, too. They’re easy simple and tasty.
Vegetarian Chili is a great way to cut down on the meat and pump up your intake of veggies, too.
Fajita Chili is a wonderful flavor and taste. It even has a spicy kick!
Making up a batch of this Pumpkin Chili is the perfect fall flavor!
This simple chili recipe is one that you’re going to love!
Instant Pot Chili is another simple way to make chili fast!
This Cheesy Chicken Chili is packed full of flavor and is great to every last bite.
Beef Chili is one of those tastes and flavors that you’re going to crave.
What else can you add to this chili recipe for more flavor?
There are so many things that you can add to this chili recipe. Add in onions and garlic, more chicken stock, cayenne pepper, green chilies, lime juice, and more. The options are endless about what you can add.
More Chicken Recipes:
- Incredibly Simple Instant Pot Whole Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Ground Chicken Recipes
- Moist & Flavorful Chicken Teriyaki Skillet Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Wing Recipes
- Over 25 Recipes Using Chicken Thighs
- 10 Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken Recipes for Working Moms
- Chicken Casserole Recipes
- 3 15-oz. cans Great Northern beans, divided
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1½ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 4-ounce can mild green chilies
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon of chipotle pepper powder
- 3 cups of chicken broth, preferably organic
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1½ cup of Mexican blend cheese, finely shredded, divided
Optional, to serve:
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper
- 2 large limes
- 1 small avocado
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro
- Start by draining and rinsing the canned beans. Put half of them into the food processor with a bit of water and process until blended but a little chunky. Once done, put the mixture into your crockpot with the rest of the whole beans, too.
- Next, go ahead and add in the chicken, red onion, garlic, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, Mexican oregano, coriander, chipotle pepper powder, and chicken broth. Stir and cover.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Once the time is done, take off the lid and add in 1 cup of shredded cheese. Stir. Cover and let cheese melt for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 546mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 14gSugar: 2gProtein: 47g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 12/6/2020
What type of topping are you going to add to your slow cooker chili recipe?