Chicken is truly a standby in my kitchen. Whenever I’m out of ideas for dinner, I grab a pack a chicken and start experimenting…lol. But it’s so easy to cook and my whole family likes it, so it just makes sense to start there!
My husband’s favorite part of the chicken is the thigh. If I’m cooking a recipe that calls for chicken breasts, I usually sub in chicken thighs instead – because that’s his favorite.
While my go-to is baked chicken, I wanted to find some other ways to cook chicken thighs so that the family gets to taste different dishes. Take a look at these recipes using chicken thighs and get some easy dinner ideas you can use also!
Over 25 Recipes Using Chicken Thighs:
1. Cook up this Southwestern Chicken Chili for a hearty, comforting dish that’s sure to please!
2. These Chicken Thighs with Garlic-Tomato Sauce would be delicious with buttered noodles!
3. Put this Crock Pot Greek Style Chicken on in the morning and let it cook all day!
4. These Roast Garlic-Herb Chicken Thighs would go well with rice, pasta, or potatoes!
5. I love the taste of citrus with chicken, so I know these Sweet Citrus Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs are yummy!
6. Try the sweet and smoky flavor of this Adobo Chicken!
7. Let this Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore do the cooking for you! (Just be sure to accept all the compliments.)
8. I would love to serve these Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs with roasted asparagus! It would make a delicious low-carb dinner.
9. Have assorted chicken pieces? Try this Baked Puerto Rican Chicken recipe that uses legs, thighs, or any piece of chicken you like!
10. Serve this Oven-Baked Chicken, Potatoes, and Carrots – a one-dish meal that comes together quickly!
11. Who doesn’t love bacon? Have it with your chicken in these Planked Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs!
12. Bake this Sweet and Spicy Chicken and serve it with jasmine rice!
13. I recently discovered Sriracha and my life will never be the same. I can’t wait to try this Creamy Sriracha Hawaiian Grilled Chicken!
14. Try a rustic recipe with this easy Camping Chicken Foil Dinner! Plus, it’s simple to clean up afterward!
15. Gumbo is very popular in our family. It’s such a great go-to stew that everyone loves! Be sure to try this Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with your kids!
16. Love pot roast? Try these Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs made with carrots and red potatoes!
17. Make up this Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken and serve it with rice and Asian vegetables!
18. I think this Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Chicken and Vegetables would be a great make-ahead lunch meal for the week!
19. Only three ingredients? It doesn’t get much easier than this Three-Ingredient Sticky Baked Chicken!
20. Bacon and Ranch Chicken Bake works just fine with chicken thighs – just substitute the breasts in the recipe for the same amount of chicken thighs!
21. I can just imagine the wonderful smell of this Moroccan Chicken Stew with Honey and Apricots cooking on the stove!
22. This recipe for Spaghetti in Chicken-Tomato Sauce with Green Beans sounds a little strange, but it looks delicious. Give it a try!
23. We just went through a bout of the cold in our family. Definitely storing this recipe for Hearty Chicken Soup away for the next time!
24. If you love stir-fry, these Asian Chicken Thighs with Vegetables will be a hit!
25. Get a taste of the bayou with these Cajun Blackened Chicken Thighs!
26. Who needs the Colonel when you can make your own Copycat KFC Chicken thighs?
27. Want a new twist on chicken? Try this Chipotle Spice-Rubbed Grilled Chicken Salad that features guacamole, corn, and black beans for a filling and delicious dish!
28. This recipe for Herbed Chicken Thighs is super simple (and inexpensive too)!
29. Serve these Rosemary Roasted Chicken Thighs with Orange Wedges with wild rice!
Resources for Cooking Recipes Using Chicken Thighs:
These Amazon affiliate resources are handy for making your own delicious recipes using chicken thighs!
- Chicken Recipes: Delicious and Easy Chicken Recipes
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware: 11″ x 15″ Roaster with Flat Rack
- 101 Quick & Easy Chicken Recipes