You’re going to love this dish. This Chicken Teriyaki Skillet Recipe is one that my family loves. It has a killer homemade teriyaki sauce that covers up the chicken pieces to perfection. Once this chicken is cooked and done, the kids are literally racing for the table! Check out these other hearty and simple chicken recipes.
If you’re ready to create a tasty and simple chicken meal, this is the one for you. Simple, easy, and once the sauce has thickened, the texture is out of this world!
This chicken and broccoli dish has it all! The sweet taste from the brown sugar and the tang and tart from the soy sauce. Combined, it’s perfect. Seriously, you’re going to love this recipe.
Chicken Teriyaki Skillet Recipe
The biggest part of this recipe is making up the teriyaki sauce. And let’s be real – it really does steal the show!
This is a big hit with my family because of the flavor and taste. We’ll also change it up a bit sometimes and add on some sesame seeds and sliced green onions, too.
Can I use a different type of oil to fry up the chicken?
You bet. If you’re not a fan of vegetable oil, you can use sesame oil or even coconut oil, too. It’s up to you really on what type of cooking oil you want to use.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Chicken Teriyaki Skillet Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making this Teriyaki chicken recipe for dinner at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
If you think that meal planning is too hard to do, it’s not. All you need to do is break it down into segments just like I have below. There you can easily see how simple it can truly be!
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Starch Side: Try one of these Macaroni Salad Recipes!
Refreshing Drink: Cucumber Basil Limeade
Don’t forget Dessert: Owl Cupcakes
Best Chicken Recipes:
Once you make this Teriyaki Recipe, you’re going to want more of that chicken flavor. I’ve gathered up some of the best chicken recipes for you to enjoy. Bonus? They’re all super simple to make!
Chicken Kabobs are so much fun to eat. The kids love them, too!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Cheese is certain to make your tummy happy.
Making grilled chicken is so simple. You can also use the leftovers for stir-fried goodness, too!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas is a great way to meal prep!
Just wait until you take a bite of this Italian Crockpot Chicken.
Boiled Chicken is a great way to cook up chicken for so many different uses!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip will have you loving the double dip life.
How do you store leftover chicken?
No matter what, store it in the fridge in a sealable container. Then when you’re ready to eat it, you just have to heat it up and enjoy.
You can also easily freeze chicken too but putting it into the freezer for later. Frozen chicken is a great way to meal prep also.
More Broccoli Recipes:
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 packaged frozen broccoli florets, cooked
- 2 cups of white rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with one tablespoon cold water
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ground ginger, garlic, and pepper. Once that is combined, you're going to add in the chicken and one cup of the sauce into a ziplock bag. Let marinate for 1 hour. Make certain to keep the rest of the sauce.
- Take the chicken and cook it up in the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Take your cooked broccoli and the cooked rice and stir them together to combine.
- Grab the rest of the sauce that you've set aside and mix with the cornstarch and water mixture. Stir. Pour it over chicken and rice and broccoli and stir. Cook it all for 10 minutes until the sauce is thick and ready.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1885mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 40g
What side dish are you going to serve up with this quick and easy chicken breast recipe?