If you are a huge lover of spicy Buffalo flavored recipes, then this Buffalo Chicken Ring recipe is right up your alley. It isn’t too spicy that it will blow your head off, but there’s enough heat to satisfy anyone who loves that hint of spice in their dishes.
This Buffalo Chicken ring has it all. Hot sauce, cream cheese, and shredded chicken, all enclosed around a soft bready dough. Perfection!
We love Buffalo chicken in this house, the boys can’t get enough of it. Buffalo wings are among the big favorites, but it got me thinking about different ways to enjoy Buffalo chicken.
This Buffalo Chicken Ring has such a great balance in flavor that I just had to share it with you.
Buffalo Chicken Ring
While you might usually associate Buffalo chicken with wings, this recipe calls for shredded or cubed chicken breast, which is much easier, and less messy, to eat. This is a fun recipe to make that could be enjoyed as a snack, appetizer, or as part of the main meal.
It is easy to make, and when you combine the chicken with the hot sauce, ranch dressing, and cream cheese, it adds a level of coolness to your palette. The crispy crescent rolls that cover the oozy filling just complete it.
My husband is a huge fan of spice and heat in his food, but I am not as keen. But I find combining the buffalo sauce with the cream cheese and ranch makes for a delicious snack even sensitive tastebuds would enjoy.
It doesn’t take long to make. 20 minutes in the oven and your Buffalo Chicken Ring is ready to enjoy.
How do I store any leftover Buffalo Chicken Ring?
If you do happen to have any of the crescent rolls, Buffalo Chicken Ring left, then you can store it for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. This will be great the next day for lunch with some salad or a snack. Make sure you store any leftovers in an airtight container.
It isn’t recommended to freeze the Buffalo Chicken Ring as it will change the texture of the crescent rolls and make them soggy. You can reheat this in the microwave or pup in the oven for a few minutes to warm through.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Buffalo Chicken Ring are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Buffalo Chicken Ring at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Make it a Meal:
If you’re looking for a great way to start meal planning, you don’t want to miss this simple example. Being able to create a meal plan is a great way to stop stressing for the week and let everyone in the family know exactly what you’re going to be cooking.
Vegetable Side: Asparagus Spirals
Starch Side: Sweet Potato Fries
Refreshing Drink: Lava Flow Mocktail
Don’t forget Dessert: Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Best Buffalo Recipes:
Once you make this Buffalo Chicken Ring Recipe, I just know that your family is going to be wanting even more Buffalo-inspired recipes. I have you covered. Here are some of the best Buffalo recipes to try.
- Delicious Buffalo Chicken Soup – Not only is it loaded down with tasty pieces of chicken breast, but it’s also hearty due to the added onion, carrot, and celery as well.
- Creamy Buffalo Wings – The mayonnaise and horseradish are what make the Tabasco creamy and yummy. Delicious!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – This dip recipe is a perfect appetizer for a game-day party since it takes the taste of buffalo chicken wings and makes it into a dippable spread!
Why is it called Buffalo Chicken?
I think you may have guessed by now, or if not, what rock have you been hiding under, that Buffalo Chicken has nothing to do with a Buffalo.
Buffalo Chicken originated from a recipe that was brought into the public eye in New York many years ago. Buffalo sauce is the hot sauce used for chicken wings and other Buffalo-inspired recipes.
More Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken and Broccoli Pie
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Tex Mex Chicken Chowder
- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
- 3 c. Chicken Breasts (cooked and shredded or cubed)
- 2⁄3 cup Hot sauce (plus more to serve with)
- 4 oz Cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tbsp Ranch dressing (plus more for serving)
- Refrigerated crescent roll dough (2 tubes)
- 1⁄2 c. Crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup Baby carrots (for serving)
- 4 stalks Celery (cut into 4-inch pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, mix cream cheese, ranch dressing and hot sauce in a
- Fold the shredded chicken into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in the blue cheese crumbles.
- Separate both cans of crescent dough into 16 triangles. Place a 5-inch ramekin in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Place the triangles of crescent dough in a ring around the ramekin. The short ends of the dough should be touching the ramekin, slightly overlapping. Pointy ends should face outward. Dough will look like a sun shape.
- Spoon chicken mixture over the short ends of the triangle closest to the ramekin. Remove the ramekin. Fold the pointed end of the triangles up and over the filling. Tuck the tip underneath the bottom layer of dough. The dough will not completely cover the filling. Repeat with the remaining triangles. There will be gaps where you can still see the chicken mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.
- Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with more hot sauce, blue cheese or ranch dressing, carrots and celery.
You can use leftover cut-up cooked chicken, or pick up a deli rotisserie chicken at the supermarket. Remove chicken from bones, and cut it into bite-size pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g