We have already established that my husband loves him some hot stuff, but me and Thomas aren’t so crazy about it. That’s what makes this Buffalo Chicken Dip perfect! It isn’t too spicy, but my husband can throw some extra Tabasco Sauce on his portion and gobble it up! Plus, throw it in the Crockpot and you can take it anywhere!
This dip recipe is a perfect appetizer for a game day party, since it takes the taste of buffalo chicken wings and makes it into a dippable spread! Check out my Popular Dip Recipes, too!
For more yummy dips, check out my list of over 30 dip recipes that only need three ingredients! Add a bowl of my Hamburger Rotel Dip to create a party spread! And don’t forget to put out a bowl of my sweet Monster Cookie Dough Dip for dessert!
This is a very versatile dip recipe, because it can be cooked either on the stovetop or in a slow cooker. To cook it on the stovetop, follow the recipe instructions below.
If you’d rather cook it in a crockpot, just spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Then combine all the ingredients in the cooker and mix well. Turn the crockpot on to low heat and cook until bubbly, 1 to 2 hours.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
You can serve this dip directly from the slow cooker, if you’d like. Or you can dish it into a pretty serving dish surrounded by chips and crackers. Either way works!
This dip would be delicious with celery sticks, of course. But you can also pair it with sturdy crackers, such as Triscuits, or tortilla chips!
If you want to take this dip to the next level, squeeze a little ranch or blue cheese dressing on top!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe Resources:
These affiliate resources from Amazon make preparing this Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip a snap!
- VonShef 6 in 1 Multi-Function Chip Platter
- Crock-Pot 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- Portmeirion Sophie Conran White 2-Piece Chip and Dip Serving Set
- 2 10 ounce cans chunk chicken, drained
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing.
- Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 773mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g