The Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is so good! I made it one time and my family loved it so now it’s a staple in our house. We’ve actually starting doubling the recipe! Using chicken breasts makes this dish so good and adding on the fun toppings makes it great as well. Be certain to peek at our hearty and simple chicken recipes.
Cooking on high pressure with your pressure cooker makes this soup ready in just 30 minutes of time! Such a simple and delicious dish.
When you can pressure cook your chicken, it makes every chicken dish an absolute breeze. Plus it helps to keep the chicken meat nice and tender, too!
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Using your Instant Pot makes this simple recipe a breeze. Make certain that you follow the cooking time and don’t forget to be careful when you do your quick release at the end. It’s literally as easy as adding in the ingredients and waiting for your Instant Pot to cook it all up!
Everyone in my house loves the taste of this recipe and we have even been known to dip our tortilla chips in it as well. The flavor of this soup recipe is just so good!
What toppings go well with this chicken tortilla soup?
You can easily add whatever toppings that you want but some of my favorites or shredded cheese, sour cream, cooked black beans, tortilla strips, and a squeeze or two of lime juice as well.
So many fun flavors can be added to change up the taste.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making this Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
If you’re nervous about meal planning, don’t be! It’s actually a totally simple process that will save you a ton of time and effort. I love meal planning because it’s a way to save me time and energy during the day. When I know what I’m going to cook, it’s less stressful!
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Refreshing Drink: Totally Delicious Starbucks Copycat Drinks
Don’t forget Dessert: Easy Pretzel S’Mores Recipe for Snack Time!
Best Soup Recipes:
Once you make this Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe, you’re going to want to have more soup recipes in your very near future. As you can see from the links below, I’ve gathered up some of the best ones that you can easily make at home.
Don’t miss out on these Best Hamburger Soup recipes! So many fun options!
I’m a huge fan of these Fall Soup Recipes!
Egg Drop Soup is just what your tastebuds and tummy needs.
This Crockpot Chicken Soup will keep you long for all of winter.
This Taco Soup on the Stove is so simple and easy to make!
Asparagus Soup is one of my favorite flavors of soup and I think you’ll love it, too.
Carrot Soup is one flavor that you’re going to love and crave.
Can you use precooked chicken for this soup recipe?
You can. Rotisserie chicken is a great option and you can even use canned chicken if you want. The taste will be a bit different but it’s still yummy.
More Chicken Recipes:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Flavorful Tex Mex Chicken Chowder Recipe
- 20+ Delicious Grilled Chicken Recipes
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 cups of water
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with chilies (10-ounce)
- 1 can of chili beans (15.5-ounce)
- 1 bag of frozen corn (10 ounces)
- Set your Instant Pot to saute and put in the oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the onions and saute for about 5 minutes. Then add in the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Turn off your Instant Pot and put in the water and the chicken broth. Use a spatula and scrape the bottom of the pot to help deglaze it.
- Add in the taco seasoning and mix with the liquid.
- Next put in the tomatoes, chili beans, chicken, and corn. Stir.
- Put on the lid to your Instant Pot and put the pressure cook for 30 minutes. Once the time is down, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a quick release the rest.
- Take off the lid and take out the chicken breast. Shred and put back in the Instant Pot. Stir, and then serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 1286mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 12/31/2020
What toppings are you going to add to your quick chicken tortilla soup recipe?