If you are anything like me, you have a thing for fries. So many different, delicious, fried potatoes. Yes, it is a decadent treat – I know this. However, it is so bad for us. Luckily, there is a better way to enjoy that crispy and starchy goodness with way fewer calories.
These Oven Sweet Potato Steak Fries are perfect for settling your french fry craving, without breaking your diet.
Need the yellow/white stuff instead of the super food properties of sweet potatoes? I feel ya’! I have some delicious oven roasted regular potato recipes, too. 🙂
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
- steak seasoning
- paleo mayonaise
- clean BBQ sauce
- hot sauce/buffalo sauce (i like to make a dip with buffalo and one without)
More Delicious Steak Fries Recipes:
Steak Fries Must Have Resources:
4 in 1 Wonder Chop – Chop, Dice, Fine Chopper and Fruit Wedger
Set of eight 6.25-ounce glass bowls with eight plastic lids – perfect for holding different toppings
Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Baking Sheet, 2-Piece Set
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 C paleo mayo
- 4-5 T clean BBQ sauce
- 1 T hot sauce/buffalo sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 deg F.
- Wash and pat dry sweet potatoes. Cut into wedges.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, steak seasoning, and salt.
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil, then top with a baking rack. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on top of the rack.
- Bake at 450 deg F for 30 - 35 min, or until edges of potatoes start to crisp.
- For extra crispiness turn oven to broil and continue cooking for 3-5 min, checking the potatoes after every minute.
- Season with fresh rosemary right out of the oven (if you wait too long the rosemary won't stick).
- For the dipping sauce mix paleo mayo, BBQ sauce and hot sauce together in a bowl.
- Serve while hot, and enjoy!