Don’t miss out on this Cotton Candy Cake Recipe! The bright color and fun flavor are the best! You can easily make easy cake recipes like this in no time!
You can make good cakes at home, but this recipe uses a white cake mix, making for super-fast prep and measuring! Cake mix cakes are the best!
Anyone who loves the flavor of cotton candy needs to make this cake. Let the flavor and taste work if the fun color doesn’t interest you.
Cotton Candy Cake Recipe
Since you get to use a boxed cake mix, it takes away so much prep work! You can open the cake mix box, add the rest of the easy ingredients, and patiently wait for the cake to bake in the oven. It doesn’t get better than that!
My boys love the cotton candy flavoring of this cake – and I have to agree! It does taste like cotton candy with frosting!
You will love this option if you’re looking for a simple cake recipe with easy steps. It’s fun for a birthday or a simple and easy dessert at home.
Why are cake mix cakes so popular?
Have you ever wondered why cake mix cakes are so popular? The answer lies in their convenience.
Cake mix cakes are effortless to make and require minimal effort and time.
All you need to do is add some basic ingredients, mix, bake, and voila! A delicious cake is ready to be enjoyed.
Moreover, cake mix cakes come in vast flavors, allowing you to experiment as per your taste preferences. The ease and versatility of cake mix cakes make them a favorite among amateur and professional bakers.
Regardless of your baking skills, cake mix cakes make an excellent dessert option that will leave everyone craving more.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Easy Cake Mix Cotton Candy Cake Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Boxed Cake Mix Cake at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Now is the time to start meal planning! Quit stressing over what to make for dinner – and enjoy the process instead.
Find out how simple and easy it is to do!
Main Dish: Raspberry Chicken Salad Recipe
Vegetable Side: Frozen Asparagus Recipes
Starch Side: Loaded Baked Steak Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Cotton Candy Mocktail Recipe
Best Cake Recipes:
Once you make this Easy Cotton Cake Recipe, it’s time to start drooling over more yummy ideas! Baking a cake with a fun flavor is the best!
I’ve gathered my top favorite cake recipes to share with you!
Try the taste of this Coconut Easter Cake Recipe! You’ll love it!
Everyone in my house loves when I bake this Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe!
This Blueberry Breakfast Cake is the perfect way to start the day!
Want a new flavor? Give this Apple Fritter Cake a try! Perfect for fall baking!
I love the flavor of this Carrot Poke Cake Recipe! So much fun to make!
Check out the ease of making this Strawberry Cream Cake Recipe!
Need a fun treat for a party? This Adorable Unicorn Cupcakes Recipe needs to happen!
What are fun toppings for a cake that isn’t frosting?
When it comes to cake toppings, frosting seems to be the most popular choice, but there are many other fun and delicious options to consider.
Try topping your cake with fresh berries, sliced kiwi, or diced mango for a fruity twist.
Nuts and chocolate chips make great crunchy toppings, while caramel or butterscotch sauce adds a sweet and gooey texture.
You can also experiment with different jams, jellies, whipped cream, or meringue.
Don’t be afraid to get creative and try different combinations – the endless possibilities for cake toppings!
More Cotton Candy Recipes:
- No Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream Recipe
- Cotton Candy Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes Recipe
- 355mL Cotton Candy Soda (you can also use cream soda)
- 1-15oz Box White Cake Mix
- Light Blue Food Dye (this is optional)
Homemade Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 cup Cotton Candy Soda (or 1 teaspoon Cotton Candy flavor extract)
- 1/2 cup of softened Butter
- 4 cups Powdered Icing Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Milk
- Light Blue Food Dye (again, this is optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9X11 baking pan. Set it to the side.
- Beat the cake mix and soda for 2 minutes in a bowl. Add the food coloring if using.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool before adding the frosting.
- To make the frosting, put 1 cup of the soda into a saucepan and heat until boiling. (over medium-high heat) Once it is boiling, reduce to medium-low and let it simmer to 1/4 of what it was. (this will leave about 2 ounces of the soda)
- Let it cool down entirely.
- Grab a bowl and beat the butter and powdered icing sugar for 2 minutes. Then add the soda.
- Beat to mix, then add the milk as needed until it is spreadable. Add the food dye if you want.
- Use an offset spatula to add the frosting to the cooled cake.
- If you want to add texture to the frosting, use short strokes to spread it, and then go back over the strokes and swirl it a bit.
- Add sprinkles!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 0gSugar: 56gProtein: 2g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 5/25/2023
Will you use other toppings for this simple Cotton Candy Cake Mix Cake?