Where are my mint fans at? This Peppermint Roll Cake Recipe is the perfect minty treat! Check out all my Holiday Cookies and Sweet Treats for even more festive and tasty recipes.
Making homemade cake is always a good idea, and topping it with creamy frosting is literally the icing on the cake! If you’re a fan of peppermint dessert, you’re not going to want to miss this one. I love the texture of this soft cake recipe!
What I love about this simple dessert recipe is that it tastes great and looks great. It’s stunning, it’s delicious, and it is a great holiday treat.
You can easily make this for holiday parties and wow all the guests. Or, you can do what I like to do and make it and keep it for yourself and your crew! Either s a great option to have!
Festive and Delicious Peppermint Roll Cake
Since this is a roll cake recipe, there are a few important steps to pay attention to. This doesn’t mean that this cake recipe is hard, but it does mean that you’ll have to read the full directions below on the printable recipe card and follow along.
Typically, while I’m making the cake from scratch, the boys are helping out and making the homemade cream cheese frosting. While I think they do this because they can lick the beaters and have a sweet treat sooner, I sure don’t mind the help!
Do you have to sift powdered sugar?
It’s always a good idea to sift the powdered sugar and the flour. Not all recipes call for it, but I typically will do it just because sometimes there are lumps in them – and who needs that in their baked goods?
As long as you have a sifter, I promise it’s a fast and painless process. That way, the sugar and flour are all broken apart, creating a tasty dish without the worry of lumps.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Chocolate Peppermint Cake Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Chocolate Roll Cake at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Thinking of meal planning? You should totally give it a try! It is fast and easy to do, but it saves me so much stress throughout the week! I can’t believe that I ever hesitated to start meal planning.
Even my family agrees that planning the meals is such an awesome idea!
Main Dish: Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup Recipe
Vegetable Side: Asparagus Spirals
Starch Side: Parmesan Steak Fries with Ranch
Refreshing Drink: Hawaiian Blue Mocktail
Best Cake Recipes:
Once you make this Rolled Peppermint Cake Recipe, keep that baking momentum! I’ve gathered up some of the best cake recipes I know you’ll love, too!
I’ve included a few of my favorites from other bakers out there as well – because you can never have to make recipes for cake!
This simple Simply Delicious Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Recipe proves that there are many ways to make a cake.
Everyone in the house loves this Red Velvet Cake Recipe!
Who says that you can’t have cake for breakfast? I think this Easy Coffee Cake proves you can.
Apple fans will love this Apple Fritter Cake recipe!
I can’t stop thinking about the texture of this Easy Custard Cake!
Get lost in a mouthful of this Super Yummy Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies Recipe! Cookies made with cake mix are the best!
Making this Angel Food Cake Recipes is a great idea. Your tastebuds will thank you!
What other toppings can be added to the cake?
The great thing about making cake is that it is versatile in the toppings used. Crushed peppermint goes with the recipe, but you could also use crushed chocolate mints, mint chocolate chips, or even a little drizzle or chocolate syrup.
If you love something sweet, add it. It’s your cake recipe, after all! Just remember that some toppings have a stronger flavor than others, so you don’t want to use anything that will overshadow that delicious peppermint flavor!
More Peppermint Recipes:
- Peppermint Espresso Cupcakes Recipe
- Peppermint Pretzels Recipe
- White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispies
Peppermint Roll Cake
This Peppermint Roll Cake recipe is the perfect dessert this holiday season!
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 T cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 egg whites (stiffly beaten)
Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup softened butter, unsalted
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies (use a food processor)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat the egg yolks until they are thick and colored like a lemon.
- Sit the flour, salt, cocoa, and powdered sugar together.
- Beat the dry sifted ingredients into the egg yolks. Blend well.
- Add the vanilla, and then fold in the egg whites.
- Spray a 10X15 cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray, and then put parchment paper on top.
- Pour the cake batter into the baking pan and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. The middle of the cake should spring back when pushed with your finger, indicating that it's done.
- Grab a clean dish towel and lightly dust it with powdered sugar. Loosen the baked cake from the cake pan and put it onto the towel while it is still warm. Be sure to take off the parchment paper.
- Roll the cake gently, and be sure to roll the towel into the cake.
- Wrap the towel to hold its shape.
- After the cake has cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting on the cake and then add the crushed peppermints. Roll like it's a jelly roll.
- To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese and the butter in a mixing bowl and beat with a mixer.
- Add the vanilla and salt and stir.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the powdered sugar until it's mixed completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 0gSugar: 55gProtein: 5g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 11/28/2022
When are you going to serve this special cake recipe? Will it be for Christmas – or do you have another special occasion in mind?