When making your own fries at home, you know exactly what is in them and putting them in the oven eliminates tons of the fat that you get from deep frying.
You start with a basic oven baked steak fries recipe and then start experimenting with the toppings and flavors that you love.
This Loaded Baked Steak Fries Recipe is one of my experiments. I am kind of addicted to loaded baked potatoes and my boys are huge steak fry fans. So, I thought, “why not combine the two?”
The kids LOVED these and so did I. I am sure your family will as well. Enjoy!
Steak Fries Must Have Resources:
4 in 1 Wonder Chop – Chop, Dice, Fine Chopper and Fruit Wedger
Set of eight 6.25-ounce glass bowls with eight plastic lids – perfect for holding different toppings
Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Baking Sheet, 2-Piece Set
More Delicious Steak Fries Recipes:
These Bacon & Cheddar Steak Fries are almost exactly like these loaded ones, minus a few seasonings.
Spice things up with these Southwest Cheddar Oven Baked Steak Fries.
Or, up the healthy ante with these Oven Baked Sweet Potato Steak Fries Recipe!
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of peanut oil (or any lighter oil if you have allergies - like olive or canola)
- Salt and Papper
- ¼ C bacon bits or crumbled bacon
- ½ C shredded cheddar
- ½ C chopped green onions
- 1-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Sour Cream (to taste)
- (my boys prefer some Ranch dressing to the sour cream)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut the potatoes into ¼ inch thick matchsticks
- In a large bowl (or ziploc) toss the potatoes with the oil, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Prep a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the potatoes in a single layer
- Bake until just about done - about 30 minutes
- Season fries with: cheese, bacon, garlic, seasonings to taste
- Replace in oven for 5-10 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Serve with chopped green onions and a sour cream dollop or ranch (in my boys' case)