I find that people have a little more trouble getting creative with breakfast ideas. Personally, I love cooking up different breakfast dishes for my family. This Skillet Breakfast recipe is one that is very easy to make and is very budget friendly. In fact there are only seven ingredients in this recipe. I’d be willing to bet you have at least 5 of them in your kitchen right now!
- ½ cup (1 stick) of butter
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound of frozen hash-brown potatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the bell pepper and onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add hash browns and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are crispy.
- Using a spoon, create 6 holes in the potatoes. Add one egg to each hole.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until eggs are set.
If you want to take it up a notch pair this Skillet Breakfast with a Pineapple Mocktail. This delicious juice goes excellent with any breakfast and is a nice change from traditional orange juice. Between the Skillet Breakfast and the Pineapple Mocktail you are sure to impress anyone you are serving this to.