There comes a time in all of our lives where our metabolism slows down and our bellies get bigger. It is nature and just part of life.
If you are a french fry junkie like me, you will need to supplement your greasy craving for a healthier version of fries! This is where these delicious and Healthy Butternut Squash Fries come in!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
More Easy and Healthy Side Ideas:
More Squash Recipes:
- 1 - 2 pound butternut squash
- PAM Spray Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and cut the squash into long, thin french fry shapes (roughly ⅓″ thick).
- In a large bowl, spray and toss the squash with PAM, using your hands to evenly coat each one. Lay them on a wire rack set on top of a foil-lined baking sheet and salt them generously.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, flipping halfway through for even crispness. Serve immediately with extra salt and ketchup.
From Minnie: Hooo-eeey, these are delicious! So good that there is no way anyone would ever know that they are so very healthy! These are definitely going on our list of foods that we have very often!
From Kelli: Try it with Bacon Salt for an amazing alternative!
Make a meal of it:
Main: Minnie’s Mini Meatloaf
Side: Butternut Squash Fries
Side: Cool Cabbage Slaw
Dessert: Low Calorie Cookies