I have made a special batch of Valentine treats, like this Strawberry Valentine Cupcakes Recipe, every year for my boys. Not a set to take to the Valentines school party or share with anyone else-something special just for us.
They love having this special treat from me to them-its a precious reminder of our mother-son bond that I, for one, love. Be certain to check out the rest of our cupcake recipes, too.
If youre digging this idea of a special Valentines treat from you to the kiddos, but youre not into cupcakes this year, be sure to check out these 17 Valentines Cookies recipes. Theyre so fun and the kids will love them.
These strawberry cake mix cupcakes are definitely one of my favorite recipes for easy cupcakes. But the real trick is making them special for Valentines by adding a little surprise inside or something different about the frosting.
Strawberry Valentine Cupcakes
My mom would sprinkle powdered sugar on the top of our Valentines cupcakes or add strawberry jello to the icing to make a strawberry buttercream.
These Valentine Day cupcakes are definitely strawberry flavor, but I try to make them as simple as possible, while retaining the light and fluffy texture we love, by using a boxed cake mix.
Because, in all seriousness, you may have time this year to make chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting and a strawberry puree drizzle. But then next year you might just be doing good to toss off some flour on some store-bought cupcakes and drop a heart-shaped marshmallow on top (looking at myself right now).
So, plan accordingly for your special cupcakes and make them simple enough you can make them on any Valentines-not just this one.
Quick Tips to Make Strawberry Cupcakes for Valentines:
Dont over-mix your cupcake batter. Just use the medium speed and whip it for long enough that the liquid and dry bits are combined. But the more you whip it, the less fluffy your cake mix cupcakes will be.
Add 2 tablespoons of sour cream if you want a more moist cupcake. I usually dont have a problem with moistness in my cake mix boxed recipes, but thats a personal opinion and you can totally add this one ingredient and make a whole different cupcake.
You can make a faux homemade strawberry frosting by blending frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup whipping cream with a can of vanilla frosting. Trust me, the results are spectacular.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Strawberry Valentine Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Easy Valentine Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- Adorable Valentine Cupcake Liners (wishing I had used these…)
- Mixing Bowls
- Good Spatula (the dog got mine, so Im in the market for a new one)
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: Spaghetti Bolognese
Vegetable Side: Asparagus Spirals
Refreshing Drink: Chocolate Covered Strawberry Mocktail
Best Valentines Ideas:
Once you make this Valentine Cupcakes Recipe, youre probably going to realize just how precious Valentines Day can be with your kiddos. So, conveniently, Ive pulled together some fun Valentines ideas just for you!
- Printable Cactus Valentines Cards for Kids
- Dragon Valentines Cards Print-and-Cut Cricut Project
- 9 Awesome Valentines Day Books for Kids
More Cupcake Recipes:
Oh, you were here for the easy Valentine cupcakes-not necessarily the whole Valentines part, just the cupcake? Thats cool, I get it, and Ive got it. Check out these awesome cupcakes that youll definitely love.
- 1 Box Strawberry Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Can Strawberry Frosting
- 12 Heart-Shaped Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tin with liners and very lightly spray with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix together until the ingredients are consistently mixed.
- Add cake mix and mix together until the dry bits are fully incorporated.
- Spoon cupcake batter in the cupcake tins, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 19 mintues or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the centermost cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the cupcake tin.
- Remove from the cupcake tin to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Use a decorating bag to pipe-on your frosting and top with a heart-shaped marshmallow before enjoying!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 134Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g