I was asked to coordinate a baby shower with an owl theme, so of course I made these easy owl themed baby shower invitations to set it all off right!
If you’re looking for more owl baby shower ideas, be sure to check out my 12+ owl shower ideas to make the perfect baby shower party that’s a total hoot. Heh.
Disclosure: I work with Cricut as a Brand Ambassador. This post also contains affiliate links.
Frankly, though, regardless of those easy owl shower ideas, well, I have some banging new ones that are totally coordinated with these invites. But you’re not here for the other stuff, at least not yet–we’ve got to get your guests invited first!
One of the things I like best about this set of invitations for a shower is that they’re super simple. Both in the design (no crazy swirlies or unnecessary piles of leaves or anything) but also in the construction.
But, they’re still super elegant.
Those brown kraft paper backers are what really brought it all together for me, seriously. Just make it so much more adorable!
And, they fit perfectly in an envelope, so they can be mailed easily without doing much more than filling-in the names and addresses.
So, let’s get on with it.
Owl Themed Baby Shower Invitations
Look, I get it, not everybody is into the idea of making their own invitations for a baby shower. First, doing the whole design and then figuring out the fit on the envelopes and all that. It’s more problematic than it seems.
So, I pulled together these awesome owl invitations you can just grab if you’re just not into making your own.
Also, these are just really good for looking at before you make your own invitations for a shower, just for inspiration of what you can do and whatnot.
- Teal and Grey Baby Shower Invitations with Owls
- Grey and Sweet Owl Invites
- Elegant Watercolor Owls Baby Shower Invitations
- Icy Blue Hoot Owl Invites
- Yellow and Grey Owl Invites for Baby Showers
- Pink and Beige Baby Sprinkle Invitations for a Baby Girl
Necessary Materials to Make DIY Owl Themed Shower Invitations:
Making a your own shower or baby sprinkle invitations is so easy, though, so don’t feel like you’ve GOT to buy some. To make these easy DIY owl baby shower invitations, I only needed three things:
- Quality Card Stock Paper
- Brown Card Stock Paper
- Glue Stick or Glue Dots
- Free Printable for the Invitations
Fun Owl Baby Shower Decorations:
You can always use just about anything you’d like to decorate for your owl baby shower. But, because I wanted to be seriously-extra, I made a whole set of print-and-cut pieces for the Cricut that I could just pop out at home…and then a diaper cake…and some baby shower games. I told you I’m extra.
You can find each of the coordinating items below:
- Owl Baby Shower Diaper Cake
- Owl Themed Shower Decoration Pieces (the mini-banner, big banner, cupcake toppers, bow centerpiece and table scatter)
- Owl Baby Shower Games (no diaper raffle, but some good ones)
Tips and Tricks:
Ok. So, if you’ve never made layered paper before, or if you have and you’ve not been successful, I have a couple of little tips for you.
- First, don’t cover the entire back of the invitation proper with your glue. Just do the corners with a couple of dabs. I know you learned in kindergarten to cover everything in glue every chance you get, but the glue will wrinkle the paper. So, just a few dabs.
- Don’t let the paper curl up on you. If it does, just kind of roll it a little in the opposite direction.
- If you don’t have a Cricut machine to cut the little backer, don’t freak out. There’s nothing saying you have to have scalloped-edged backers for your invites. Just cut some brown craft paper straight and that’ll still get you that finished look.
What Envelopes Do You Send Shower Invites In?
I planned to mail my shower invites instead of, you know, sending them by owl. So, as a result, I had to kind of know what size envelopes would work before I finalized my design. Basically, I designed these invites to fit in one of the larger style envelopes, like the ones you get at the grocery store for holidays and whatnot.
Here are a couple in the size that works for these easy shower invites.
More Owl Baby Shower Ideas
Baby Shower Food Ideas:
- Unicorn Baby Shower Food Ideas – If you are having a unicorn baby shower, you need all of these fun themed foods.
- Pink non-alcoholic drink recipes – Over 20 recipes for pink colored, non-alcoholic drinks for your party.
- Pink Desserts – these 22+ pink colored desserts are sure to help you in your baby shower food planning!