When you start a diet, you worry about not being able to eat comfort foods like spaghetti. With a few small adjustments, you can enjoy a delicious spaghetti sauce and ground beef recipe, even on a Keto diet!
This Easy Keto Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe is delicious alone or over zucchini noodles.
With 33 grams of protein and 5 net carbs per serving, this delicious dinner is sure to fill you up and keep you full for a while.
What is Bolognaise?
According to Wikipedia:
Bolognese sauce is a meat-based sauce originating from Bologna, Italy, hence the name. In Italian cuisine, it is customarily used to dress tagliatelle al ragù and to prepare lasagne alla bolognese.
In other words, it is tomato based spaghetti sauce with a fancy name. 🙂
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Easy Keto Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Keto bolognese at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Measuring Spoons and Cups – I love this set! The spoons fit nicely into spice containers.
Deep Sided-Pan – I’ve told you before that I am all about Farberware, but a true southern woman has at least one good cast iron skillet! For this recipe, you need to use a cast iron skillet for sure!
Best Keto Recipes:
Once you have had a few delicious keto recipes, you will realize that Keto is a diet that is pretty easy to stick with!
These delicious Keto desserts will keep your sweet tooth happy, for sure.
You can still have a yummy breakfast with this Low carb oatmeal!
I bet you can’t guess what the noodles in this Pad Thai are made from….
More Ground Beef Recipes:
This “famous” Kelli’s Spaghetti Recipe is a simple go-to for dinner!
Start this easy Crockpot Pizza recipe in the morning and have a hot meal by evening!
Serve this hearty Girl Scout Stew on cold nights!
This simple Taco Bake Recipe is a fun twist on Taco Tuesday!
- 2 lb. Ground beef
- 1 Carrot peeled and diced
- 1 Stalk of celery diced
- 1 Small onion diced
- 2 (14.5 oz) Cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. Basil
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Bay leaves
- ½ c. Red cooking wine
- 3 Cloves garlic
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat on the stove.
- When the oil is hot, add in the onion, celery and carrot. Stir often, and cook until the vegetables are a crisp tender.
- Add in the ground beef, and brown completely. Pour off any excess grease.
- Mix in ½ cup of red cooking wine, and cook down until it is almost completely absorbed.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon of basil, 2 bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine the ingredients well.
- Toss in 3 cloves of garlic, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low, and mix in 2 cans of diced tomatoes. Simmer the sauce on low for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, and serve the sauce garnished with Parmesan cheese on your favorite low-carb noodle substitute.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 33g