I love Valentines and these Dragon Valentine Cards are so fun–but more than that, they’re so easy to make, they tip the scales! LOL!
Oh, you’re here for more DIY Valentines cards? Well, then be sure to check out these 10+ Handmade Valentine Cards you can make with the kids!
Disclosure: I work with Cricut as a Brand Ambassador. This post also contains affiliate links.
But back to this super fun (and silly) set of dragon Valentines cards and how easy they are. I had no idea how quick and easy it would be to make these–and they’re so much more personal for the kids.
So, if you’re ready to get these cards made, let’s get cutting!
Feel free to use whatever you have on hand, but I used these materials to make the dragon cards for Valentines day and I wanted you to know what worked for me.
- Cricut Printable Sticker Paper (get it here from Cricut or get it here from Amazon)
- 12-inch Card Stock Paper
- The Cricut Design File
Feel free to use whatever you have on hand, but I used these tools to make the dragon Valentines day cards and I wanted you to know what worked for me.
Tips and Tricks:
- Make sure to print on the shiny side of the sticker paper–the matte side is the liner.
- Because the matte side of the sticker paper is the liner, make sure to put your printed sticker paper onto the cutting mat face-up.
- Be sure to test the cut of your stickers before ending the cut. Just to be sure it cut all the way through.
What Do You Do if the Circut Doesn’t Cut All the Way Through Your Stickers?
- Do not remove the stickers from the Cricut or hit the “finish” button until you’ve peeled up one of the stickers to make sure it cut through. If you did get it cut all the way through, feel free to finish the cut and move on to the cards. If it did not cut through, hit the Cricut “go” button again and let the machine cut the stickers again.
- This is the case for any cut for any material–always check and if it didn’t cut to your liking, push the Cricut “go” button again while the mat is aligned the same way.
More Cricut Crafts and Information:
- Printable Sticker Paper
- Project File
- Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker
- Cricut Compatible Pen
- Desktop Printer
- Using the file provided, on the desktop printer, print the dragons onto the sticker paper.
- Place the sticker paper on the Cricut cutting mat.
- Cut the dragons out, following the prompts from Cricut Design Space.
- Once the dragons are cut out, place the pen in the Cricut, then load the card stock onto the mat and tell the machine to go.
- Allow the machine to print and then cut the cards.
- Weed the extra unnecessary paper from the mat then remove the cards from the mat.
- Peel the dragons from the sticker paper and affix them to the cards, as desired!
If you love this amazingly fun Valentines Cricut craft, be sure to pin it to your favorite DIY crafts board on Pinterest so you can find it again quick!