Whether you’re planning a shower for a baby boy or looking for random baby shower ideas, these music-themed baby shower decorations are going to blow your MIND!
Oh, but wait – you’re absolutely stoked about the idea of hosting a fun and musically-inclined shower, but you have no idea where to start?! That’s ok, the band on the run is running to help!
Just kidding – it’s just me. Make sure to check out my Baby Shower Ideas for boys for more great tips.
But I’ve got you covered with these super helpful tips for how to host a baby shower. Perfect whether you’ve rocked your 100th party or this is your first, either way!
Disclosure: I work with Cricut as a Brand Ambassador. This post also contains affiliate links.
Seriously, I’m here for you. These decorations are great for music-themed parties and aren’t your “normal” muzak shower party-themed stuff with sheet music and a stuffy theme.
No, we’re banging out the tunes, taking everything you need to successfully plan a baby shower, and putting it all in one fabulous print-and-cut Cricut set.
So, grab your headphones and let’s get this show on the road!
Music Themed Baby Shower Decorations:
Whether you’re digging the idea of making your own decor items for your baby shower party or not, I’m on it. In the latter party and you’re not digging the idea of cutting, pasting, etc.? Cool.
Check out these awesome rocking birthday party music-themed pieces that could easily be used for your baby rock-a-thon!
- Gorgeous Music Note Cupcake Wrappers
- Music Note Party Tableware
- Rock Star Cupcake Toppers
- Music Notes and Records Decor Set
- Music Themed Diaper Cake
- Rock’n Roll Balloon Set
Such a quick and easy way to knock out all your party decorating needs, if you’re in charge of making the homemade baby shower decorations, there’s really just a fistful of items you’ll need:
- Quality Card Stock Paper
- Twine or Ribbon
- Free Printable for the Music Baby Shower Decorations (below)
Making a rocking set of DIY decorations for a musically-inclined baby shower really can be as mellow or hard rock as you’d like. To make these headphones and heart decorations, I only needed a few tools to make the music play (which is seriously like a beautiful symphony).
Tips and Tricks:
If your craft room happens to be fully stocked with a Cricut or Silhouette, it’s time to call those out for a solo, because if you have access to a cutting machine, that will definitely to make putting together your musical baby shower decoration set so very much easier. Because the design is all done for you and it’s an instant download, you’ll most of the way done if you’re ready to cut.
All you need to do is check out the quick and fast tutorial (located conveniently below) to play this tune in just a few minutes. But if you’re running into some stage-fright about how to use all these baby shower printables once you have them ready to rehearse…Well, here are some fun ideas:
- Use the medium round elements for cupcake toppers by taping one on each side of a cake pop using double-stick tape – this will immediately turn plain cupcakes into musically gifted treats!
- Tape the larger round pieces and the mini pennant banner across each of your centerpieces, or attach the banner to two chopsticks to display it on top of the baby shower cake.
- Surprise your invitees by adding a little handful of the table scatter into each invite envelope. Nowhere near as annoying as glitter, but still a fun way to set the mood even before the party.
Also, I have a couple of notes to make cutting card stock on a cutting machine a little easier:
- Start with a clean knife blade. Take a tip from me, cutting card stock with a dirty blade leads to messy cuts, so wipe it with a little alcohol before using it.
- Secure the card stock firmly to the cutting mat everywhere–not just around the edges. The paper can pull up and get caught on the blade, tearing up your whole design.
Other Baby Shower Decoration Ideas:
- These easy to make jungle shower decorations are perfect for welcoming home the newest king of the jungle!
- Baseball baby shower decorations are made SO EASY by just grabbing this quick download then printing and cutting on your Cricut!
- There’s nothing cuter than these adorable (and gender-neutral) owl baby shower decorations.
- Adorable and fun to make, these unicorn baby shower decorations are definitely magical and sparkly!
- 4 Sheets White Card Stock Paper
- Small Amount of Twine or Ribbon
- Baby Shower Decoration Print and Cut Files
- Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Desktop Printer
- Light Grip Mat
- Working with one sheet at a time, download the PNG Files, then upload each to Cricut Design Space.
- Select "complex" image type. On the next screen, select "continue" and the following screen, select "save as a print and cut project".
- Insert the image onto the next screen, then select "make it".
- Load the white card stock into your printer and print the project.
- Place the printed card stock paper onto your light grip mat as shown on the screen in Cricut Design Space.
- Select medium-thickness card stock as the material.
- Load the light grip mat into your Cricut cutting machine and tell it to cut.
- When the cut is complete, weed the design and repeat with the remaining sheets of the decorations.
- When you have cut the banners, lay them out on the table face-down in approximately the position you want them to be on the twine or ribbon.
- Hot glue your twine or ribbon in place on the back of the banner pieces.
- Start decorating!
If you’re loving this easy way to make fun birthday party ideas and decorations, but you’re not quite ready to take the stage, take a few seconds and pin it to your favorite easy party ideas board on Pinterest so you can get it when it’s time to drop that mic!
Baby Shower Food Ideas:
- Unicorn Baby Shower Food Ideas – If you are having a unicorn baby shower, you need all of these fun themed foods.
- Pink non-alcoholic drink recipes – Over 20 recipes for pink colored, non-alcoholic drinks for your party.
- Pink Desserts – these 22+ pink colored desserts are sure to help you in your baby shower food planning!