When I decided to throw a baseball baby shower for a friend, I knew I’d need to hit it out of the park with baseball themed baby shower decorations. So, I wound up for the pitch by coming up with some simple elements you can print and cut with your Cricut or Silhouette! Make certain to check out our other baby shower ideas for boys, too!
If you’re super excited to be hosting a baby sprinkle, but you’re not totally sure where to start, hear pros talk tips on how to host a baby shower. Great stuff from all the best MVPs (meaning me, because you know, I’ve done a few of these things now).
Disclosure: I work with Cricut as a Brand Ambassador. This post also contains affiliate links.
But back to this awesome set of baseball baby shower decorations that are just the perfect way to set off a baseball or sports shower. Literally sets the theme for for one of the all-time best boy baby shower themes, but could also work for a sports-fanatic mom-to-be that wants a more gender-neutral them.
And all it takes to get these fun decorations started is downloading the files, printing them on your regular printer, and cutting them out with your Cricut. But you CAN make them even without a Cricut, too, because these files can be cut out with scissors. Exactly what you need to make a winning plan.
So, let’s call the coaches out and get decorating!
Baseball Themed Baby Shower Decorations:
If you’re feeling a little: “hold-up, I really just wanted to BUY some decorations for this little baby shower, not MAKE them” I get that 100%. You won’t hear me booing from the stands. So, to make your search a little more easy, I went ahead and found some fun baseball themed decorations for parties and showers that you can just order – no shame in that game. Here are my favorites:
- Epically Fun Baseball Cake Topper
- Traditional Paper Lantern Baseball Decor
- Super Cute Banner
- Full Table Setup and More
- Baseball Glove and Ball Banner
- Huge Bunting and Themed Ball Set
- Huge Balloon Garland
Nothing makes planning a party easier than just having some party supplies delivered right to your ball field, right?!
But I hear those other people out there that are like, “you’re out! I’m all about making my own baby shower decor”. So, for you players, I’ve got a fun and easy tutorial below, a handful of helpful hints, and the free printable set of decorations I made, too!
Such a quick and easy craft, if you’re planning on making homemade baby shower decorations, there’s really only a handful of things you need:
- Quality Card Stock Paper
- Twine or Ribbon
- Free Printable for the Baseball Party Decorations (below)
Making a DIY decorations for a baby shower really can be as simple or as complex as you’d like. To make these fun coconut tree centerpieces, I only needed a couple of tools to make this project (which is seriously one of the best ever).
Tips and Tricks:
For anyone with a craft room stocked with a Cricut or Silhouette, it’s time to call those onto the field from the dug-out, because if you have a cutting machine, that’s going to make assembling your shower decoration set so much easier. It’s an instant download, so you’ll be halfway done if you’re set to cut.
Just check out the quick and fast tutorial below to knock these out in just a few minutes. But if you’re stuck in the stands about what to use all these baby shower printables once you have them up to bat…Well, here’s some fun ideas:
- Use the medium baseballs for cupcake toppers by taping two baseballs on either side of a cake pop with double-stick tape – turning plain cupcake treats into baseball treats!
- Tape the baseball and mini “batter up!” pennant banner on the front of your centerpieces, or attach it to two chopsticks to pop on top of the baby shower cake.
- Add a little handful of the baseball table scatter into each invitation envelope. Not as annoying as glitter, but still a fun pre-party favor.
- Toss whatever baby shower favors you make into a catcher’s mitt with a ton of the table scatter as a fun decoration before passing out the favors.
- Make your medium baseballs or the little pennants into bingo pieces for your baby shower game!
Also, I have a couple of notes to make cutting card stock on a cutting machine a little easier:
- Start with a clean knife blade. Take a tip from me, cutting card stock with a dirty blade leads to messy cuts, so wipe it with a little alcohol before using it.
- Secure the card stock firmly to the cutting mat everywhere–not just around the edges. The paper can pull up and get caught on the blade, tearing up your whole design.
What Do You Do With Baseball Themed Baby Shower Decorations?
What CAN’T you do you do with these fun and simple baseball themed baby shower decorations?! You can use the small pennant banner to go with your home plate centerpieces, you can toss the mini baseballs on the table as scatter, use the big baseballs as a table markers or numbers. I’ve even thought about using these decorations on a diaper cake for cute decorations.
Whatever you choose to use them for, these are fantastic decorations for your baseball party or sports baby shower. Just toss them on the table and your guests are going to think you’ve hit a home run!
Other Baseball Baby Shower Ideas:
- Check out these easy baseball baby shower invitations! They’re simple and fast – the best Cricut print and cut project for a baby shower!
- Baseball baby shower decorations are made SO EASY by just grabbing this quick download then printing and cutting on your Cricut!
- For a fantastic baseball centerpiece idea, I tell you NOTHING is more fun than a home plate.
- 4 Sheets White Card Stock Paper
- Small Amount of Twine or Ribbon
- Baby Shower Decoration Print and Cut Files
- Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Desktop Printer
- Light Grip Mat
- Working with one sheet at a time, download the PNG Files, then upload each to Cricut Design Space.
- Select "complex" image type. On the next screen, select "continue" and the following screen, select "save as a print and cut project".
- Insert the image onto the next screen, then select "make it".
- Load the white card stock into your printer and print the project.
- Place the printed card stock paper onto your light grip mat as shown on the screen in Cricut Design Space.
- Select medium-thickness card stock as the material.
- Load the light grip mat into your Cricut cutting machine and tell it to cut.
- When the cut is complete, weed the design and repeat with the remaining sheets of the decorations.
- When you have cut the banners, lay them out on the table face-down in approximately the position you want them to be on the twine or ribbon.
- Hot glue your twine or ribbon in place on the back of the banner pieces.
- Start decorating!
If you’re loving this easy way to make decorations for a baseball baby shower, but you’re not quite ready to head to the stadium yet for your baseball party, take a few seconds and pin it to your favorite easy party ideas board on Pinterest so you can get it when it’s time to batter-up!
Baby Shower Food Ideas:
- Unicorn Baby Shower Food Ideas – If you are having a unicorn baby shower, you need all of these fun themed foods.
- Pink non-alcoholic drink recipes – Over 20 recipes for pink colored, non-alcoholic drinks for your party.
- Pink Desserts – these 22+ pink colored desserts are sure to help you in your baby shower food planning!