When I decided to throw a jungle baby sprinkle for a friend, I knew I’d need some epically wild jungle baby shower decorations that she’d love. So, I set to designing and coming up with some easy elements you can print and cut on your Cricut or Silhouette.
If you’re all about hosting a shower, but you’re not where to start, you’ve got to check out these tips for how to host a baby shower. Not only will you learn something if this is your first baby shower, but you’ll also find something useful if it’s your 800th baby shower.
Disclosure: I work with Cricut as a Brand Ambassador. This post also contains affiliate links.
But back to these jungle baby shower decorations and their set of little safari animals that can’t wait to welcome another jungle baby into their midst.
And all it takes is downloading the files, printing and cutting on your Cricut. But it’s not like it requires a Cricut, either, you can cut these out with scissors and still make an epic splash in the jungle oasis. That is a thing, right?!
Whatever, that doesn’t matter–what does is that these are the most adorable jungle party supplies this side of the savannah and they’re super fast to make.
So, let’s start decorating!
Jungle Baby Shower Decorations
If you’re like “wait, I was just here to BUY some decorations for a baby shower, not MAKE anything” I hear you. No judging here. So, I have pulled together a couple of my favorite decoration sets that will work for a boy or girl:
- Big Bright Green Jungle Decoration Set
- Welcome Baby Safari Banner
- Giant Transparent Baby Boxes
- Bright Jungle Party Set
- Light and Airy Jungle Party Decor
- Safari Watercolor Art Set
Nothing is easier than just having these party supplies delivered, right?!
But some people are like, “no way, I’m all in for making my own shower decor”. So, for you, I’ve got your tutorial below and a few helpful hints, too!
Necessary Materials to Make Jungle Animal Baby Shower Decorations:
Although you can use these files to make whatever jungle baby shower items you might need, I know it’s helpful for you to know exactly what I used so you can grab it all in the most efficient way possible:
- Quality White Card Stock Paper
- Twine or Ribbon
- Free Print-and-Cut Files (there are several of these, so scroll on down)
Making your jungle themed baby shower party supplies is super easy. Especially once I had the design finished. And since you don’t have that particular uphill battle, you’re already halfway there!
To make all of these things, all I needed was:
Now, like I said earlier, you CAN make these baby shower decorations without a cutting machine. All you need, if that’s the case, is a pair of scissors or an exacto knife.
You can cut out these decorations either way, making them one of the easiest crafts for a baby shower that you’ll ever find!
Tips and Tricks to Make Jungle Theme Decorations for Baby Shower:
If you have a Cricut or Silhouette, though, it’s time to break those out, because having a cutting machine is going to make putting together this shower decoration set so much faster.
Just follow the easy tutorial below to make this awesome jungle themed baby shower party decorations in just a few minutes. But if you’re clueless about what to do with all these party supplies once you have them in hand…Well, here’s some ideas you’ve to explore:
- Use the big circles of blue sky and jungle animals in the leaves for cupcake toppers by taping two on either side of a toothpick with double-stick tape.
- Tape your mini “roar” banner on the front of the diaper cake, or string it between two chopsticks to top a real cake.
- Stuff a handful of the jungle safari themed table scatter into each of your invitation envelopes like confetti. Too fun not to.
- Toss your super cute baby shower favors into a basket with a ton of the zoo animals table scatter.
And a couple of notes about cutting card stock on your cutting machine:
- Make sure your knife is clean. This can mean simply wiping it off with some alcohol before using it. A dirty knife makes for messy cuts.
- Press the paper down firmly on the cutting mat in all areas–not just the edges. If you don’t, you run the risk of the center of the paper pulling up and your design getting caught on the blade.
Fun Baby Shower Jungle Decorations & More:
You know, if you’re going to do something, like say design a set of baby shower decorations for a jungle themed baby shower, I figure: might as well go a little crazy, right?! I mean, in for a penny…so, of course, I made more than just shower decor.
No, I took my little design and I went full-on to make a whole set of coordinated party supplies for a baby shower including a diaper cake, invitations and everything.
If you want, you can find each of these awesome coordinated jungle baby shower supplies that go with these free printable baby shower decorations below:
And, to be honest, I’m pretty sure there will be more, so be sure to search the site–I have a habit of not just stopping at a handful of things…
More Jungle Baby Shower Ideas
- Everything You Need to Know About Throwing a Surprise Shower
- All the Best Jungle Baby Shower Ideas
- How to Throw the Best Baby Sprinkle
Jungle Baby Shower Food Ideas:
- Rotel Dip With Ground Beef – An all-around great appetizer for making your shower tasty!
- Hawaiian Blue Mocktail – Serve-up this sweet mocktail for a fun and refreshing drink all the ladies at the shower will love!
- Meat and Cheese Plate Ideas – So many yummy ideas that will take just minutes to put together.
- 4 Sheets White Card Stock Paper
- Small Amount of Twine or Ribbon
- Large Banner PNG File
- Small Banner PNG File
- Large Circles PNG File (for use as cupcake toppers or other)
- Table Scatter PNG File
- Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Desktop Printer
- Light Grip Mat
- Working with one sheet at a time, download the PNG Files, then upload each to Cricut Design Space.
- Select "complex" image type. On the next screen, select "continue" and the following screen, select "save as a print and cut project".
- Insert the image onto the next screen, then select "make it".
- Load the white card stock into your printer and print the project.
- Place the printed card stock paper onto your light grip mat as shown on the screen in Cricut Design Space.
- Select medium-thickness card stock as the material.
- Load the light grip mat into your Cricut cutting machine and tell it to cut.
- When the cut is complete, weed the design and repeat with the remaining sheets of the decorations.
- When you have cut the banners, lay them out on the table face-down in approximately the position you want them to be on the twine or ribbon.
- Hot glue your twine or ribbon in place on the back of the banner pieces.
- Start decorating!