Meatloaf Casserole is one of the easiest weeknight dinner recipes that my family will literally ask me to make on the regular. Like, when the kids are given the choice for a “special” reason like their birthday or whatever, there’s a good chance they’re going to ask for this family fave.
But some of our other delicious choices often come from this set of Hamburger Meat Casserole recipes that the kids helped me make. They love choosing their own meals and having a little ownership–and I think its super fun to let them choose.
Buuuut, back to this amazing dish of ridiculous easiness. Do you know about how long it takes me to pull this together? Well, let’s see…
There’s about 6 minutes to brown the ground beef.
And while that’s making, I pull together the potatoes. Which are usually ready well before the meat is finished cooking.
Then you mix the soups into the meat mixture and that’s maybe 1 minute, if you’re really slow at stirring.
Basically, I think in less than the time it takes me to get the oven preheated, I’m ready to put the meatloaf casserole dish into the oven.
And that right there? That’s a fast dinner idea.
Tips to Make Meatloaf Casserole Super Quick:
One of the reasons I love meatloaf casserole so much is because it’s so such a quick dinner. But, to make it EVEN MORE efficient of a cooking enterprise, I’ve pulled together my favorite tips to get your casserole in and out of the oven without any fuss!
- Use high fat content meat mixtures. You want the meat moist. Moooooist!
- Speaking of moist, you need to add moisture every chance you get. So, don’t skimp on the soups and Worcestershire sauce.
- Don’t want to use instant mashed potatoes? I get it–some people don’t like ’em. So, you can use leftover mashed potatoes, you can use diced potatoes, you really don’t have to be stuck in my mold. It’s not that you HAVE to use instant potatoes–that’s just what I like to use because it’s fast.
- Do not try making this in a sheet pan. There’s no reason for that–and you’re just asking for a mess.
- Don’t bother trying to make this a slow cooker recipe–it’s not worth it. It’s an easy recipe you can toss together in a baking dish like any potato casserole. Just treat it like a casserole. Trust me.
- Lightly spray the bottom of your casserole dish with cooking spray to keep the meat from sticking to the dish.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Meatloaf Casserole Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Meatloaf Casserole at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Shop My Kitchen:
The following farm decor can be found on Etsy. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Make it a Meal:
Vegetable Side: Bacon Broccoli Salad
Starch Side: Pumpkin Seed Bread
Refreshing Drink: Pumpkin Punch
Don’t forget Dessert: Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup Puppy Chow
Best Casserole Recipes:
Once you make this meat loaf casserole recipe, you’ll be reminded why casseroles really are a fun way to make a great meal your family is going to love. Seriously easy dinner recipes start with the word “casserole” and are full of flavor, I swear. LOL! So I pulled together some of my favorite comfort food casseroles that are so mouthwatering you don’t want to miss them.
More Hamburger Meat Recipes:
Meatloaf Casserole is seriously one of our favorite weeknight dinner favorites, but, to be honest, anything with ground beef is kind of high on our list–we just love our hamburger! If you’re like our family, you’re looking for more awesome recipes to use your favorite meat and I have gathered some of the best of the best right here for you!
- Epic RoTel Recipes with Ground Beef
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Potatoes
- Hamburger Soup with Onion Soup Mix
- 50+ Hamburger Meat Recipes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 10oz can condensed vegetable soup
- 1 10oz can condensed mushroom soup
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 c. instant potato flakes, plus butter & milk to prepare them
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the beef and garlic.
- While the meat is browning, prepare the instant potatoes according to package directions. Set aside.
- When the meat is done cooking, drain well.
- Add soups and Worcestershire to meat and stir to blend. Transfer to an oven-safe dish.
- Spoon cooked potatoes around the edge of the meat mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 5 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 711mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g