This has quickly become a staple in our home. It is easy and the boys love it.
The combination of tacos and macaroni and cheese in this Taco Bake Recipe is perfect for any child’s palate!
No worries about sharp and crunchy chips, just delicious Tex Mex flavors.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
For your next Taco Tuesday, blow the minds of your family. Switch things up from plain Tacos and serve this delicious Taco Bake recipe!
Make it Meal:
- 1 pkg (14 oz) Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg Taco seasoning mix
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1 cup Thick N Chunky Salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare mac & cheese as directed on package. Brown beef and drain while mac & cheese is cooking. Add taco seasoning to meat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir sour cream into prepared Dinner. Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 8 inch square baking dish; top with layers of meat mixture, cheddar cheese and remaining Dinner.
- Bake 15 minutes. Top with salsa and Mexican Cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I got this recipe from a Kraft Foods recipe and changed it just a hair for my family… we like more cheese than they called for and we love the 5-cheese mexi mix.
Guess what… this taco inspired casserole freezes very well. So, you could make a few of them and stash them away until your next busy evening!
More Delicious Taco Recipes:
Impossibly Skinny Taco Pie
Over 55 Unique Taco Inspired Recipes
Tacos for breakfast? Yes, please! This recipe from Crystal and Comp is sure to delight those taco-loving family members of yours!