This easy Smores Cookies Recipe is a seriously easy cookie that LOOKS complicated–and the kids absolutely love it–you’re going to love it, too (so gooey and just…mmmm…).
If you’re all about the s’mores and need more ideas to keep your “plate” full, be sure to check out my 30+ Sweet S’mores Recipes. You’re sure to find one (or more) to love.
Now, back to these amazing smores cookies. Let’s get into these soft and chewy amazingness that I need another batch of pronto.
They’re really easy to make, I promise. And super fun. The kids got a kick out of helping me make them and put the marshmallow bits all over each cookie.
Plus, who can go wrong with marshmallow and chocolate?
So, the next time you’re craving toasted marshmallows but don’t feel like you can get a fire built for roasting marshmallows–well, this is cookie recipe is at your service.
Don’t you love when a cookie comes to the rescue?!
How to Make these S’Mores Cookies
I like to start all my cookies by preheating my oven 350 degrees and lining my baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet (those baking sheets are genius).
Once those are ready, I go ahead and mix up my graham cracker bits (this is in place of the brown sugar cookies typically call for), flour, baking soda and salt in one bowl; well, no salt in this particular recipe, but you get the picture.
Then I go ahead and cream the butter and sugars (well, the sweetened condensed milk in this cookie’s case) in the another bowl, adding egg and vanilla if the recipe calls for it–which in this case it only calls for vanilla, so there’s that.
Then I add the dry mixture to the wet and mix well. Finally, I add in the chocolate chips. If you wanted to make these peanut butter flavored, you’d add it now, or if you wanted double chocolate smores cookies, you would add milk chocolate or melted chocolate at this point.
When it’s all ready, you can scoop it out onto your prepared pans and bake the cookies for 12 minutes. At that point, pull the cookies from the oven and add your mini marshmallows. If you don’t have mini marshmallows, you can break up bigger ones into mallow bits.
Bake that for 2 minutes on broil until you have lightly browned gooey marshmallows that are ready for chowing down.
Let ’em cool and enjoy!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk (Check it out–it’s in a squeeze bottle! Genius!!)
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract (Mexican vanilla is seriously the best)
Reminder, not all ingredients in the S’mores Cookies Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Must Have Resources:
When making S’mores Cookies at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- Non-Stick Pan
- Silicone Baking Sheet
- Measuring Spatula (its magic, just trust me–it measures and stirs)
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: Baked Chicken and Pasta is a super easy meal you can make in minutes. It’s one-pan so you can have it ready and done with minimal mess.
Vegetable Side: Having some Asparagus Soup is always a good choice when you’re making pasta. It’s a light compliment I love.
Refreshing Drink: I am planning to have a Creme de Menthe Mocktail the minute I’m done typing this, it’s so good, I’m ready now! LO!
Best S’mores Recipes:
Once you make this S’mores Cookies Recipe, you’ll be wishing you had more s’mores to excite your tastebuds.
Ok. That might be a bit much, but you’re seriously going to want s’more in your life (see what I did there?).
So, check out these awesomely yummy smores recipes I pulled together for you:
More Cookie Recipes:
If you’re just here for the cookies, well, I’m not judging. Cookies are the best thing on the planet. So, I gathered-up some of my favorite recipes to share with you!
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop tablespoons of mixture onto baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and place marshmallows on top. Turn the oven to broil and place the cookies in for two minutes, keeping the oven door cracked to prevent burning.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 126mg Carbohydrates: 25g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g