Craving that taste of s’mores but don’t have the outdoor space or time to make it happen? Now you can create your own indoor treat with these delicious Taco S’Mores Rice Krispie Treats! Check out these other awesome smores recipes!
These delicious desserts literally take that savory taste of s’mores and make them accessible and easy to do indoors in a moment of time.
If you love anything and everything s’mores and are looking for a simple recipe, this is the answer you’ve been searching for. It’s simple enough that the kids can even make this one all on their own.
There’s a reason that everyone loves that gooey taste of s’mores. Not only is it a simple sweet treat to make and crave but it’s also one that can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. How many other desserts out there literally take this little time?
Skip the full graham crackers and instead use rice Krispies and marshmallows as your base. I have a feeling that after you make them this way one time, you might not ever want to go back to traditional s’mores ever again.
Tips for making Taco S’mores Rice Krispie Treats:
Since these taco dessert treats don’t take a ton of time, there are actually a couple of ways that you can make them. You can make up your own batch of homemade rice Krispie treats and use them as the “taco” shell, or you can purchase already make rice Krispie treats and use those instead. Both are fine and taste amazing.
Once you make these taco s’mores rice krispie treats, if you happen to have any leftover, storage is actually pretty important. If you fail to store them in a container with a lid or a sealed bag, they’re going to get stale really quickly. Storing them away from the air is the best way to keep them as fresh and delicious as possible!
You can easily double or triple this recipe is you’re wanting to make a big batch for your homebound family campers as well.
While this smores tacos recipe is pretty straightforward, here are the key ingredients that you can purchase off Amazon just in case you can’t find them at your local store.
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Make it a Meal:
Since there isn’t a lot of time in the day to get everything together, planning out a meal is key! Any of these menu items would be great with a yummy dessert taco! Check out my easy meal-planning ideas here, too.
Main Dish: Hamburger Soup with Onion Soup Mix
Starch Side: Oven Steak Fries
Drink: Easy Strawberry Smoothie
Best S’mores Recipes:
Once you make this delicious taco s’mores rice Krispie treats, why stop there?! We have so many other great recipes to try.
Try this Valentine’s S’mores the next time the holiday rolls around.
This Edible S’more Cookie Dough Recipe will have everyone in your house jumping for joy.
If you love the taste of s’mores, don’t overlook this S’mores Cocktail Recipe for Teens!
And just because you can never have enough, here are over 30 sweet s’more recipes for the family to make!
- 5 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 4 1/2 cups of rice cereal
- Wooden dowels or wooden spoons (you'll use these to shape)
- Chocolate buttercream
- 5 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs
- Chocolate syrup
- Start by lining a baking sheet with wax paper. Once done, set aside for later.
- Next, grab a medium-sized pot and melt your butter slowly over medium heat. Once melted, add in your marshmallows and stir them continuously until melted. Once they are melted, take the pan off the heat.
- You'll then want to add in the cereal and fold/stir. Do this until they are well mixed.
- Once mixed, it's time to shape them into flat circles. They are going to be about 1/2 inch thick and about 3 inches around in size.
- Take your wooden spoon and use the handle to curl your circles around to make a divet.
- Once done, place them on your baking sheet to set.
- As soon as they are hardened up, it's time to add in a layer of your buttercream followed by a later of graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows.
- Top it with chocolate syrup and enjoy eating!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 4/12/2020