It can be hard to find healthy and tasty recipes that are both gluten free and egg free. If you are looking for healthy kid friendly food ideas, these egg free cookies are a great option!
Whether you or your child is gluten free and/or egg free, it is treats like cookies that can be harder to find that fit in with your diet needs. But just because they are healthier, doesn’t mean they won’t taste good! There are lots of great gluten free and egg free recipes out there to choose from.
If you are looking for more Gluten Free or Egg Free options for great tasting treats for you or the kids, be sure to check out these Quinoa Chocolate Chip, Egg Free Cookies recipe!
Specialty Ingredients for Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookies:
The following ingredients for egg free chocolate chip cookies are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Not only are these cookies egg free and gluten free, but the quinoa makes them full of protein! Seriously, with their high protein and super food status, these egg free cookies make the perfect snack for your weight loss journey.
More Egg Free Dessert Recipes:
Vanilla Crazy Cake from Totally the Bomb
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Oatmeal Crumble Bars Recipe from Ann’s Entitled Life
Eggless Chocolate Mousse from Weelicious
More Gluten Free Recipes:
Gluten Free Lasagna Soup from The Bewitchen Kitchen
Gluten Free Tortillas from The 36th Avenue
A gluten-free diet isn’t just for those with celiac disease or a wheat allergy. Although eating wheat products, especially whole wheat, does offer some health benefits, the gluten can actually be harmful. Dummies.com gives us many reasons to avoid gluten in our meals, even if we aren’t allergic.
More Delicious Quinoa Recipes:
Vegetarian, Slow Cooker, Quinoa Chili Recipe from Almost Supermom
Spinach, Chicken Sausage and Quinoa Recipe from This Mama Loves
Veggie Quinoa Baby Bites from Becky’s Best Bites
The quinoa makes the cookies thick and soft, but the melted butter keeps them crisp around the edges, making them chewy and crisp, like a good chocolate chip cookie should be.
Resources for Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookies:
The following aff items are my must have kitchen items to help me in making the perfect cookies. I wanted you to see exactly which tool we use when making egg free chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 1/2 C. quinoa flakes
- 1 C. gluten-free flour with xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1/3 C. melted butter or oil
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. dairy-free, gluten-free chocolate chips or carob chips
- 1/3 C. chopped pecans or raisins, optional
- Combine quinoa flakes, flour, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together syrup, butter, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to bowl of dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in chips and nuts/raisins, if using.
- Using a spoon or small scoop put spoonful’s of mixture onto greased cookie sheets.
- Press slightly with a fork so that the cookies are about 2 inches in size, or a little smaller.
- Bake at 350 F, for 15-20 minutes until golden at edges.
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy!