Primary Sparkle Cake Mix Cookies make for a fun snack to share! They are colorful, cute and easy to make thanks to the boxed cake mix cookie dough.
These are an awesome birthday party treat, or fun to share at a picnic.
The combination of colors in this primary sparkle cake mix cookie is irresistible. These are perfect for summer gatherings. While these look as good as you would expect from a bakery, the recipe is so simple a novice baker can make them. Cake Mix Cookies are incredible. They always bake perfectly and are a must have trick for a busy mom’s sleeve.
I used primary colors for my cookies and I love how they look together. These cookies kind of remind me of summer. They kind of look like a beach ball, but trust me, they taste a lot better!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Gel Food Coloring (this recipe used red, golden yellow, and blue)
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Primary Sparkle Cake Mix Cookies are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Primary Colors Cake Mix Cookies at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Mixer: Because you need to thoroughly cream together the ingredients, I highly recommend a stand mixer. I included the link to the one I have because I am in love with it.
Mixing Bowls: The linked glass bowl set from Pyrex is the best investment I ever made into my kitchen. These glass bowls with lids are perfect for mixing and storing.
Cookie Sheet – Any cookie sheet will do. I just like these. ?
Parchment Paper – This is a Baker’s best friend!
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: This Crock Pot Pizza makes for an easy dinner that cooks itself. Start it in the morning for something the whole family will adore.
Vegetable Side: Roasted Spring Vegetables are a perfect side to add to this meal. Who could feel bad about having a cookie after eating fresh veggies?
Starch Side: Oven Baked Sweet Potato Steak Fries are a tasty and easy addition to pizza night.
Refreshing Drink: Cucumber Basil Limeade is a refreshing way to wash a good meal down.
Best Dessert Recipes:
Once you make these Primary Sparkle Cake Mix Cookies, your family is going to want you to make something awesome again soon! Don’t worry, I have you covered with these awesome dessert recipes:
More Cake Mix Recipes:
- 1 box of White cake mix
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Red, Golden Yellow, Blue gel food coloring
- 1 container of white sanding sugar
- Preheat oven at 350º F.
- Using a standing mixer, combine cake mix, vegetable oil, and 2 eggs until combined.
- Divide the batter into three separate bowls.
- Mix Golden Yellow food coloring into one bowl.
- Mix Red food coloring into the second bowl.
- Mix Blue food coloring into the third.
- Take about 1 tsp of each color of dough and form into tablespoon sized balls.
- Pour the sanding sugar into a bowl
- Roll cookie dough into the sanding sugar
- Place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Lightly push each cookie dough ball down so that it becomes a thick but flat disk.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Allow cookies to completely cool before Enjoying!