A family favorite dessert recipe is s’mores. S’mores are easy to make and involves little prep work which makes them ideal for camping trips and bonfires. If you are on Pinterest, then I’m sure you have seen all the variations on traditional s’mores – like this yummy Butterfinger Smores Recipe.
Hate the mess that S’Mores make? Make this delicious Brownie S’mores recipe to enjoy your camping goodness with a fork!
Sometimes in the summer, it is too hot to get a fire going yet the craving for a s’more is there. One way to fix that is to create indoor s’mores!
This does involve turning on the oven and heating up the house, but if you make these early in the morning you can serve the later for dinner.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Bacon Broccoli Salad Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making this Brownie S’Mores Recipe at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
glass prep bowl (for melting the coconut oil)
On every box of graham crackers is a recipe for crust. My box called for butter but instead, to give the smores a sweeter flavor I used coconut oil (better for you too!).
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Brownie Mix
- Coconut Oil (or butter)
- Mix 1½ C graham cracker crumbs with ⅓ cup sugar
- Melt ½ C coconut oil
- Mix oil and crumb mixture well and press into the bottom of 9x13 baking dish.
- Make brownies according to the directions on your box. However, I replace the butter or vegetable oil with coconut oil.
- Gently pour your brownie mixture on top of the pressed crust
- Bake at 350 degrees until brownies are 85% cooked (edges are cooked and just some left in the middle that needs to be finished baking).
- Then, carefully remove from oven and add marshmallows to the top covering all of the brownies.
- Finish baking until brownies are cooked and marshmallows are golden. If you haven’t gotten the golden look by the time your brownies are done place your dish under the broiler 1 to 2 minutes!
- Cut and serve after marshmallows have cooled!
What is your family favorite way to eat s’mores? Do you go the traditional route and take a piece of chocolate, and place it in between 2 graham crackers and a roasted marshmallow? Or do you add some of your own twist like add a peanut butter cup or a dab of Nutella instead of the chocolate?
More Brownie Recipes:
Easy Snickers Brownies Recipe
Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter Brownies
Over 20 Brownies for a Crowd
More S’MORES Recipes:
Smores Mocktail Recipe for Teens
Over 30 Sweet Smores Recipes
Indoor Smores on a Stick
Have you made other smore desserts like the ones above? What are your favorites? Share them below in the comments!