Add this Dr Pepper Cupcakes Recipes to the top of your baking list! It’s my favorite cupcake recipe made with Dr. Pepper and I think that it might be yours too! The next time you’re craving light and fluffy cupcakes, make this! Be sure to check out all my other cupcake recipes as well.
Who knew that adding a cup of Dr Pepper would create something like this?! I used to only drink my Dr. Pepper soda, but now I like to bake with it as well.
Once you let the cupcakes cool completely and fill the piping bag with frosting, you’re well on your way to eating them very very soon! They’re so good!
Dr Pepper Cupcakes Recipes
I love that I’m able to use a boxed cake mix for this recipe. It cuts down on the prep time and makes it a breeze. I also like using cake mixes because it means that you can change up the flavor of the cake easily as well.
My boys love drinking the soda so it just seemed like a no-brainer to make this cupcake recipe! I can tell you that they loved it so much that now they help me make it so that I bake them more often!
What is the toothpick test?
This is a great way to test and see if the cupcakes are done. All you need to do is put a clean toothpick into the middle of the baked cupcakes and see if it comes out clean. If it does, the cupcakes are done and need to be taken out of the oven.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Soda Cupcake Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Cupcakes made with Dr. Pepper at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- Muffin pan/cupcake pan
- Stand mixer/electric mixer
Make it a Meal:
It’s the perfect time to give meal planning a try! You’re going to love how simple it is to meal plan with my style below! It’s a very easy way to create a simple meal.
Main Dish: Blue Cheese and Turkey Club Sandwich
Vegetable Side: Easy Grilled Vegetable Recipes
Starch Side: Oven Steak Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Super Tasty Blue Mocktail Recipes
Best Cake Mix Recipes:
Once you make this Boxed Cake Cupcake Recipe, you’re going to love the ease! This is why I’ve gathered up some of my favorites that I can’t wait for you to try. Using boxed cake mixes makes everything better!
Check out this Patriotic Cake Mix Cookies Recipe! It’s the perfect cookie recipe!
I love all of these Red Velvet Box Cake Mix Recipes! So many yummy treats to choose from.
It doesn’t get any better than these easy Cake Mix Cookies!
This list of desserts is all made using Strawberry Cake Mix!
You’re going to love these Valentine’s Cake Mix Cookies.
My tastebuds crave this Turtle Cupcakes Recipe from a Cake Mix!
Check out the simplicity of this Cake Mix Christmas Monster Cookies Recipe!
What is the trick to adding frosting to cupcakes?
The biggest thing is that you need to let them cool completely before frosting. Cool cupcakes are a must or the icing is going to slide right off. You don’t have to let them cool to room temperature completely, but pretty close!
If you don’t want to add frosting, you can sprinkle on some cocoa powder and powdered sugar as well for a less sweet flavor.
More Soda Recipes:
- Sweet and Yummy Strawberry Soda Cupcake Recipe
- Irish Soda Bread Recipe
- Over 30 Mocktail Recipes Perfect for Kid Parties
Dr Pepper Cupcakes Recipes
These Dr. Pepper Cupcakes really do taste like the soda!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼-1 ¾ cups Dr. Pepper soda
- 2 cups cocoa powder
- cupcake liners
- 2 sticks of softened salted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon half and half/whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Pepper soda
- piping bag and tip
- Paper straws
- Red sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the cupcake liners to the cupcake pan.
- Add the cake mix to a bowl and mix in the eggs, old, and soda on medium speed with a mixer. Add 1 cup of cocoa powder.
- Put the batter into the liners about 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Cream the butter with a mixer in a bowl. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and syrup.
- Add the half and half and soda together in a different bowl. (this is important!)
- Mix the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time while pouring in a little bit of the liquid mixture between each cup of sugar. Mix for 1-2 minutes but don't mix it too much.
- Put in the piping bag and frost. Add sanding sugar and straw.
What occasion are you going to make these Dr. Pepper Cupcakes for?